User Tag List

First 78910 Last

Thread: stupid people

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    @bologna is right as usual about the boy who cried wolf effect AND the fact that I'm venting here because I spend 6 days a week dealing with people who refuse to pay attention and then fail ... The test does accurately measure skills needed though... Identifying things and English... Not my call, it's what the company we're hiring for needs!
    I apologize for my earlier reply; I was going for laughs by stating the obvious. Not funny. In all fairness, most of the time you are fun to be around (just not when you're stressed).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I'm talking people who have high school diplomas and work histories and such who can't pass a fucking matching test or can't figure out how to fill out a form that instructs you how to fill it out explicitly on it
    I suck at filling out forms but I was good with a forklift. It's a different skill set.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

We're mostly hiring people for sorting and picking... Unfortunately not for driving

and these forms guide you as to what to do... Even I could figure them out and I'm notoriously good at skipping the line that asks for my name

just watched someone drive over a no parking sign arriving... This looks like fun coming in! Glad I'm on break!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

We're mostly hiring people for sorting and picking... Unfortunately not for driving
    Sorting and picking was really boring. Later I graduated to developing and supporting systems that ran the order pass and shipping. It was a better fit for my talents really. I still remember when orders was down and there would be this big crowd of managers and directors standing around my desk while this 24 year old (me) was calmly working to fix it. I guess they were supervising.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Whatever is not mean

I've generally taken the idea of you can either laugh or cry at life, laughing is more fun!
    This works too. Unless you are laughing so hard that you end up crying.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

This happened a few years ago but it still stands out as to how dumb people can be.
    At work, I had someone ask me how they could access the computers in the library. I told him that he needed to have a valid library card. Back then our computers still had floppy drives, so the man sticks his library card inside the floppy drive, thinking that he will magically gain access.

True story!
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    This happened a few years ago but it still stands out as to how dumb people can be.
    At work, I had someone ask me how they could access the computers in the library. I told him that he needed to have a valid library card. Back then our computers still had floppy drives, so the man sticks his library card inside the floppy drive, thinking that he will magically gain access.

True story!
    I really wish that people would ask for instructions sometimes!

AND I really wish I'd seen that
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

True story!
    It is truly sad that people actually would do that, however, I am going to take a minute to laugh my a** off because it is funny too!
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

garbage

When someone doesn't live up to basic expectations, of course we're taken aback; we're incredulous; we're baffled; and so we naturally judge. Fine; it's how we work.

But we ought to ask ourselves some questions: What are basic life skills that we should expect everyone to know? What skills are required for the job that we're hiring for, or for the task that we expect a particular person to perform? Those will adjust our expectations to a more.. well, useful level.

On "that life skills part"--we're kinda naive. The fiancee never learned how to ride a bike, because she's from Africa and it's simply not a thing that they do. Upon learning this, my 12-year-old-niece burst into laughter, thinking it was absolutely impossible for anyone to be so stupid.

True story!
    Granted, these exist:

They're computer devices that you mash your ID card into and magically gain access to stuff. They're even built into many keyboards. We use them all the time.