User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: stupid people

Senior Member EvidenceOfRedemption's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

Be kind towards people who know less than you. Why? Because you can. And because it helps you from getting stressed out.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by EvidenceOfRedemption View Post
    Be kind towards people who know less than you. Why? Because you can. And because it helps you from getting stressed out.
    Agreed.

@whatever, I understand what you're saying, but not everyone is meant for warehouse greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    ...and so the zombie apocalypse begins...
    Finally!

MBTI
    intx

A temp agency looking for warehouse help is hardly an accurate sample of the general public however ...

Idiots bounce around from job to job until they are found out and terminated but they often are working for another idiot so the process takes time. Somehow the system works by momentum and the half of the folks that are above average doing both halves of the workload knowing its the only way to get anywhere.

Sure they are a load on the system but the system seems to handle it.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    we're an ADA (americans with disabilities act) compliant company, so if someone DOES have a learning disability it's my job to help them through the test in any way that still lets them think on their own... I must say that I enjoy being judged on that basis when you know little about it yourself though
    I don't care about your ability to perform your job. I have a problem with your attitude towards people who, for whatever reason, are asking for your help and failing despite of it. Just because you're in a better position in life and mental capacity, doesn't mean that you should mock them.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonym View Post
    I don't care about your ability to perform your job. I have a problem with your attitude towards people who, for whatever reason, are asking for your help and failing despite of it. Just because you're in a better position in life and mental capacity, doesn't mean that you should mock them.
    I have no problem being pissed off at willfully stupid people... those who can see just fine, have no problem using their smart phones or driving themselves there and can't bother to pay attention to the directions that point out that all of the answers to all of their questions are right in front of them AND being explained to them all of the time... fuck them- that's their fault that they're that dumb and can't do shit because they don't put in any effort... go work in a position where you have to deal with a lot of people like that on a daily basis and just TRY not to be frustrated

and like I said, I have no problem with people who are a bit slow for reasons that aren't self caused by just not giving a fuck... I'll happily help them out because they're trying!

the idiots who don't care though? they just make everyone else's life more difficult because they have figured out that they can... and this applies to people of every color and background

can't a person vent without being told that "they're not being nice?"
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    intx

can't a person vent without being told that "they're not being nice?"
    Nope not usually in the PC world where losers are coddled by the enlightened. Sorry. I feel your pain.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    Nope not usually in the PC world where losers are coddled by the enlightened. Sorry. I feel your pain.
    the funny part is that I fall towards the more liberal side of the dividing line politically... I believe in free education and higher education and in free or super low cost healthcare... I think that the school lunch program is awesome and that programs that are designed to help people get back on their feet after a layoff or injury or illness and things of that sort are great... I even believe in subsidizing childcare... however, I think all of these things are there TO GET PEOPLE ON THEIR FUCKING FEET SO THAT THEY CAN GET A JOB AND WORK TOWARDS IMPROVING THEIR LIVES!

however, I have nothing against calling a fucking idiot a fucking idiot either... they should quit being one if they want for me to refer to them in any other way
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

your resident asshole

I didn't read the whole thread because I am lazy, but I have a little story.

I had a sort of friend who seemed quite normal. He was a bit of a dork and all...maybe a little socially awkward, but that was it. In middle school, he would go to a place called "the learning center" or something like that where teachers helped him out. I didn't understand why because I didn't have any classes and he seemed perfectly normal to me. I just thought that maybe he was disruptive or something. Come senior year of high school, we finally had a class together. We were lab partners and I was astounded at how difficult it was for him. He had a little bit of a hard time remembering the things and a horrendous time with spelling and reading anything. Once he actually asked me how to spell "chin" because he said he forgot. It actually helped me because I was having to constantly re-teach him things. I'm guessing he is severely dyslexic and likely has other learning disorders. I felt bad because I realized how difficult college would be for him. He was planning to go to the local community college, but even that will be a struggle. There is a very real possibility he will just end up getting a nowhere job.

The point of it all is that he just seems so...normal. In talking to him you would have no idea how difficult he has it.

Granted, he is a bit of a rare case. I haven't run into others like him, but I'm sure there are those out there. I don't think of him as stupid...but I do believe many people in this world are. To me, stupid is choosing to remain ignorant when you are able to learn.

*edit* I just came to the post about you talking about dyslexia and disabilities, @whatever. If people without these problems still can't pass a test like that...I just...it...

I really can't even conceive that level of stupid.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    To me, stupid is choosing to remain ignorant when you are able to learn.
    ... and that's the category of people who's been pissing me off... people who are incurious and willfully ignorant enough to fail something that even the genuinely "special" people have no problem with once the directions are explained... why oh why would someone NOT want to better themselves?

your resident asshole

... and that's the category of people who's been pissing me off... people who are incurious and willfully ignorant enough to fail something that even the genuinely "special" people have no problem with once the directions are explained... why oh why would someone NOT want to better themselves?
    I am still having a very difficult time getting over that post and even imagining this scenario. It...just seems so unreal. I don't....why....I can't....you.......