User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: stupid people

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

...and so the zombie apocalypse begins...
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I've definitely seen what you're talking about but to be honest by the time peoples fitness is in question they've climbed the ranks and are bosses of some description and well able to argue that it is not them but their junior or subordinate officers which are culpable for the decisions, prevailing practice and culture which has been created by stupid and self-serving decisions.
    Don't want to get too far off topic, but the people of Hostess is one of those companies. Since 1980's, it has switched companies 3 times. During that same period, its debt has been rising. At the same time as the CEO switching, the CEO and executive pay has increased by 300% for people I would consider quite useless.

They neither deserved the pay increase nor did they did anything significant to overturn the company besides blaming the people who have been working there for decades. If I were an adviser for the company, I would say the CEO and executives need a pay cut and the workers needed SOME cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    ...and so the zombie apocalypse begins...
    Twinkies might be saved... so we can stash hundreds of them in case an apocalypse does occur.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    we're an ADA (americans with disabilities act) compliant company, so if someone DOES have a learning disability it's my job to help them through the test in any way that still lets them think on their own... I must say that I enjoy being judged on that basis when you know little about it yourself though

seriously though, it wouldn't annoy me so much if if I didn't have people who ask what comes after step 2 (it's step 3... which we have a clear path and arrows leading to it and I JUST EXPLAINED IT TO THEM!) or if people would look at what they were clicking as opposed to accidentally saying "yes" to "I've committed murder" so that I won't have to go into the system and fix it for them and instruct them on how to click "no" the next time

if you're applying for a job I would HOPE that you would put some effort into making sure you didn't screw up on something incredibly stupid, but this doesn't seem to be the case
    That is just sad.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I am in the midwest

and I'm willing to help people with learning disabilities... that's quite excusable and they generally thank me... "normal" people who are fucktards are kind of frustrating though... it's like they don't care
    Could they be applying just to satisfy a requirement for unemployment or some type of public assistance and not want to pass?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Could they be applying just to satisfy a requirement for unemployment or some type of public assistance and not want to pass?
    quite possibly... it's all too common and I can't say that I really understand it even though I know that it's pretty common
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

quite possibly... it's all too common and I can't say that I really understand it even though I know that it's pretty common
    I don't get it either. I mean, I'm as lazy as the next person, but those benefits pay crap and I hate being broke more than most anything else. It would make sense if it's someone who can't afford childcare maybe. Otherwise who wants to be that broke?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I don't get it either. I mean, I'm as lazy as the next person, but those benefits pay crap and I hate being broke more than most anything else. It would make sense if it's someone who can't afford childcare maybe. Otherwise who wants to be that broke?
    or not having something to do... seriously, I went a year without a job right after we moved and though we had no problem affording anything I was teetering into some serious depression out of feeling that I was of no use in life because I wasn't working

and yet I've known people like that personally, who will happily get their child support and unemployment and spend most of their time having their parents babysit while they go out and party... I don't get it really
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ

One valid reason was that for seasonal jobs, unemployment wouldn't accept that you still have a job but are just not able to work for a few months.

I had that once when I was younger and was off for the winter. I was like "I have a job, I'll probably be back on it in February or so" but they couldn't understand that, so I had to pretend to apply for a few jobs.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

or not having something to do... seriously, I went a year without a job right after we moved and though we had no problem affording anything I was teetering into some serious depression out of feeling that I was of no use in life because I wasn't working

and yet I've known people like that personally, who will happily get their child support and unemployment and spend most of their time having their parents babysit while they go out and party... I don't get it really
    If I was going to do that, and I might if it didn't make me broke or I didn't have a conscience, I'd totally go to the library instead of partying. I probably would quit doing it after a few days. Even now, I get antsy when I'm away from the kids for more than four hours unless they are at school and I wanted to control how they were raised, which you can't do when you are always dumping them on other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    One valid reason was that for seasonal jobs, unemployment wouldn't accept that you still have a job but are just not able to work for a few months.

I had that once when I was younger and was off for the winter. I was like "I have a job, I'll probably be back on it in February or so" but they couldn't understand that, so I had to pretend to apply for a few jobs.
    They must have changed that since I was a kid. Contractors and the like used to be able to get unemployment during the off-season, I thought. It's stupid to make people in that situation get jobs, especially when they've been paying into unemployment every paycheck.
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ

They must have changed that since I was a kid. Contractors and the like used to be able to get unemployment during the off-season, I thought. It's stupid to make people in that situation get jobs, especially when they've been paying into unemployment every paycheck.
    Yeah this is back when you actually had to wait in lines and before they had the automated phone thing. They did have a provision for being temporarily laid off but there was a limit to how much time off while still 'having a job'.

Maybe they don't do that anymore, luckily.

Edit: actually nope, some places still do this. I don't know about where I live now but in Oregon for example, if you're off for more than 4 weeks you have to do the job search dance.