User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: stupid people

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Maybe they're afraid of making a serious mistake, even if they follow the instructions? Sometimes that's what paralyzes me when given simple tasks...
    This.

Dammit these are the times I wish the like function is there though I'm mostly against it.

MBTI
    STP

To actually respond to the OP, some people cant figure that crap out. They should hire the non english speaking people if the y can pass the test in the nonenglish version. Survival of the fittest.
    Im out, its been fun

garbage

Sometimes, I 'shift gears' and treat other people as part of an external system; e.g. an immutable part of the world around us.

From that perspective, they are what they are, and I have to deal with them as they are. They're like rocks--or trees, or perhaps cute lil' squirrels. It's up to me to either avoid them or be patient with them, but it's fruitless for me to get frustrated if I'm feeling like they don't move at my pace or in my direction. Not to say that I don't get frustrated--but I try to keep that mentality in mind so I can get over my frustration more quickly.

If their actions don't affect me, all the better; from one (sort of mean, but.. eh..) perspective, it's kinda sad that they're not smart enough to navigate the world properly, that they get themselves into terrible situations, and so on; but they're simply a part of the way the world works.

And just like that, my expectations of them get shifted toward a more realistic one.

For the record, I tend to be impatient, so I'm really trying to learn this myself.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Maybe they're afraid of making a serious mistake, even if they follow the instructions? Sometimes that's what paralyzes me when given simple tasks...
    So u fail the test anyway out of paralysis. If this happens just answer as best you can. Failing a few tests out of not answering correctly is bettter then failing all of them out of paralysis.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I usually refrain from bitching about people who aren't all that bright because every crayon can't be the sharpest in the box and I've always suspected that even less "sparkly" people mentally have uses and talents... and no, this isn't type related in the least because I've seen dumbasses of every variety

I've been working the front end of a staffing agency lately getting people jobs in a warehouse... at the moment there's a high demand for the holidays so we've had at least 150 people a day come through the doors. Because I've been labeled both "high energy" and "not willing to take shit from anyone" I tend to work the front desk and the room where people answer questions on the computer screen and take a skills test. The skills test is constructed so that we can see if people can follow basic instructions, understand english (the job requires that) and can find and sort things.

And people still fail it

I'm not talking about people who can't speak english, which is a perfectly acceptable reason to fail a test that is designed to sort out those who don't... I'm talking people who have high school diplomas and work histories and such who can't pass a fucking matching test or can't figure out how to fill out a form that instructs you how to fill it out explicitly on it

Now, I've met a lot of dumb people in my life, but I'm kind of shocked and horrified that I have to turn away at least 50 people a day for not figuring out basic things as they are unable to work in a warehouse...

what do people like this DO with their lives? what goes through their minds? how has this great sub-section of society existed without me being aware of it (at least aware of the number of people who fall into it)? Do these people realize that they hurt normal people's brains with their idiocy? I'm just trying to figure this out... any input?

lol I used to work in a call centre and it was like this.

Most of these girls pluck out their eyebrows and then paint them on in black as if they want to look like Harry Potter. And the men shave addidas in the side of their head or some shit. Vocubulary of 10 words.

There are some retarded fuckers out there, possibly crack babies? It is probably society's fault but you can't help feeling disgusted.

Results in expression like this:

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

People who are perceived prematurely as being stupid such as Albert Einstein often end up turning the world on its head with groundbreaking and revolutionary ideas only a genius could have thought of, which means that what we are judging to be intelligence may be a misplaced idea of common sense. The stupid people therefore will be the greatest assetts to an advanced civilization that is progressing at unprecedented speeds, not to mention that they are not half as boring as the smart people who trust their practical American sense.

I bet some of them were working as teachers before the crisis and mass lay-offs.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I usually refrain from bitching about people who aren't all that bright because every crayon can't be the sharpest in the box and I've always suspected that even less "sparkly" people mentally have uses and talents... and no, this isn't type related in the least because I've seen dumbasses of every variety

I've been working the front end of a staffing agency lately getting people jobs in a warehouse... at the moment there's a high demand for the holidays so we've had at least 150 people a day come through the doors. Because I've been labeled both "high energy" and "not willing to take shit from anyone" I tend to work the front desk and the room where people answer questions on the computer screen and take a skills test. The skills test is constructed so that we can see if people can follow basic instructions, understand english (the job requires that) and can find and sort things.

And people still fail it

I'm not talking about people who can't speak english, which is a perfectly acceptable reason to fail a test that is designed to sort out those who don't... I'm talking people who have high school diplomas and work histories and such who can't pass a fucking matching test or can't figure out how to fill out a form that instructs you how to fill it out explicitly on it

Now, I've met a lot of dumb people in my life, but I'm kind of shocked and horrified that I have to turn away at least 50 people a day for not figuring out basic things as they are unable to work in a warehouse...

what do people like this DO with their lives? what goes through their minds? how has this great sub-section of society existed without me being aware of it (at least aware of the number of people who fall into it)? Do these people realize that they hurt normal people's brains with their idiocy? I'm just trying to figure this out... any input?
    No, but I've seen a lot of those people on Repo Games who can't answer basic trivia questions which I thought everybody knew. How wrong I was.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Phantonym

Maybe it's dyslexia? Or what Viridian said. Way to go ridiculing people you know nothing about.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

And people still fail it

The fact that shows like Jersey Shore, that honey boo boo thing, and the like are allowed to exist meant I always knew that people like that existed, I just don't think about them.

On the flip side, there are many kinds of intelligence, and there are always factors which I won't pretend to understand. Without knowing the individual people whom you are referring to, I can't really say much about this. Any input from me would require significantly more context to be of any use.

When you say they have work histories, do you mean from similar careers, or just that they've held jobs before? Because, if they've had a similar job, maybe it's just overconfidence or something? Maybe they think they know what they're doing so well that they become negligent, consider passing the test a given, and make stupid mistakes? Laziness and overconfidence can often masquerade as stupidity. I really don't know though...