• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Changing Horses in Midstream

Mole

Permabanned
In Elizabethan times of the 16th century, there was no Loyal Opposition so no one could get into Government by opposing.

So one would climb the greasy pole of political opposition, but to get into Government one would need to leap from the top of the greasy pole of opposition to the ranks of the Goverment.

This was fraught with peril as those in opposition would call you a traitor, and those in Government would try to repel you.

In the same way today the Government of literacy, which privileges the eye, repels those of us coming to our senses.

The literary eye is a jealous eye, yes, the literary eye is jealous of the new democracy of the senses, such as the proprioceptive sense and the tactile sense. And the eye naturally wishes to maintain its place of privilege.

But every time we log on, the privilege of the eye is undermined, and the other senses are set free.

And as our sense ratios change under the experience of the electronic media, it is as though we are changing horses in midstream.

It is just like changing political horses in 16th century Elizabethan England in the time of Shakespeare - it is fraught with peril.

Shakespeare commonly littered his stage with bodies, and as we try to change horses in midstream, some of us will fall under the hooves of our horses, and our bodies will be washed downstream.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
My ears get the most privs.

My eyes are just slaves. Some times they revolt even! They're all like "I REFUSE TO WORK! BLIND SPOT!" and I'm like "AUGH what the hell did I do? I don't remember staring at any light bulbs... come on you guys, I'm trying to read this!"

Mole

Permabanned
My ears get the most privs.

My eyes are just slaves. Some times they revolt even! They're all like "I REFUSE TO WORK! BLIND SPOT!" and I'm like "AUGH what the hell did I do? I don't remember staring at any light bulbs... come on you guys, I'm trying to read this!"

Universal literacy rearranged our senses and privileged the visual sense. A very good example of this is where I am sitting. I am sitting in Canberra, a city designed by the eye. In fact Canberra is designed from the God's eye view, and the moment you arrive in Canberra we show you a model of Canberra seen from 5,000 feet.

This has the interesting effect of looking at Canberra from the outside.

However the world has changed and our Intelligence Service have been given a huge increase in funds, and they are building a new HQ in one of the most prestigious locations in Canberra.

But the important thing is that the new HQ is not being built to the same visual plan as Canberra, no, the HQ is being built to an aural plan.

And this makes complete sense as most of our intelligence is electronic intelligence, so the new HQ is being maximised for electronic intelligence.

And this has the interesting effect of hearing Canberra from the inside.

In fact our Intelligence Service is as close to us now as our central nervous system.

A

Anew Leaf

You know what's pretty? Those horses that are made out of water in the first lord of the rings. And the men in black outfits were on other horses and then halfway across the stream they switched their black horses for water horses and things got very different for them after that. So then they decided to have flying dinosaur things instead, and they weren't as pretty. Although, one school of thought thinks they were more efficient than the black horses. But I disagree.

roman67

These movies get inspirations from the old books; this is the result lord of the rings and some other movies.