User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Wow, from a Ti perspective what I see is a vision steered by what you want. How do you know what is real? The prior vision or the post vision where he proves it to you in so many ways? I completely understand where you are coming from, but I dont think you have a clue. Its nothing more then controlling what you see by controlling what you believe. Its a method used to trick yourself into things and to control yourself. There is a fine line between faith and stupidity. Its not as black and white as you make it out to be. God is easy to put faith in because all your doing is playing with your mind. You decide what is god, what is the devil, what is what and it all caters toward what you want. If that keeps you happy its a choice.

I get a kick out of "So we part friends and thats that"...love that godly "love thy neighbor"(being sarcastic)...this is the reason why I do not believe in all that crap...I really do not wish to have that mindset of "so we part friends and thats that"...I prefer the I believe what I believe and you believe what you believe, we can still be friends, I still want you by my side when I am on my death bed. I am damn sure god doesnt want to be the reason why people become distanced, thats a human trait in defense of your belief...definately not "godly" and if it is...the gods can kiss my ass. And yes...I know...I have the devil within me because I speak against GOD...LMAO. Sorry, I hold the people around me higher then I hold god. I am not saying none of it is true and God doesnt exist or even judging you on having faith, but people take it to "delusional" heights.

edit: the most hilarious part of all..."I walk a similiar path of helping people, not being selfish, etc."..yet I keep getting pushed away by "people of god" because "your not in our click"...LMAO...yeah...very godly.
    When I wrote "part friends" I meant parting from the conversation- read above that where I said we exhausted this TOPIC between the two of us. I DO want to be online friends with everyone here regardless of your beliefs- else I wouldn't be out here- so forgive me everyone who took my poor choice of words the wrong way.

To the other sentiments that I have played mind control over myself and tricked myself into believing that God exists and that I live on a sugar cone filled fluff cloud of rainbows ....... I say look in the mirror. (Not trying to sound mean! But literally saying- I think those accusations really come from you because they are about you.)

I believe we are all spiritual beings and some of us walk around with a shield over our hearts refusing to let in the light. I can't explain what the light looks like to you because you refuse to see it. That's where I have learned (from previous forums and my own spiritual journey) that these types of conversations for me do not better or further my faith -- and they just frustrate the people I'm talking with- so they usually do end up fruitless. But I do appreciate the comments and hope we can have other discussions in this forum too.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    There is many a time when people say that you have no right to feel unhappy because of the "starving children in Africa" or something similar.

This raises an interesting point, though.
    My mother always gave me the bullshit line about the starving kids in Africa thing as well. It never really worked on me. Personally, if I'm not happy, I'm just not happy. That's all there really is to it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    So what do you mean by having nothing, but still smiling?
    THIS:

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Human empathy causes me to want to DO something to ease suffering in the world. Most times, there is little I can do for starving children on the other side of the world, but much more I can do for the ones down the street. My energy would be better spent on situations I can actually affect, and directed toward where my efforts will have the greatest impact. Getting worked up over the rest is wasted energy.
    Yours and @Lark's continuing conversation has been interesting, and I happen to agree with the sentiment. Struggle and suffering are great motivators for positive action, but we have our limitations.

Ideally, we'd also seize opportunities to grow our spheres of influence so that we can have an even greater impact, but we're still limited.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    One of my best friends is also a person of "faith"...I have a cross that she hung in my car because it made her feel better(until it broke, its still in my car, just not hanging). We have alot of the same beliefs(I know hard for some one to seperate beliefs and God). What this means is that I pick and choose what to believe as opposed to blind faith. I agree with alot of the stuff the bible and preachers preach, because they are beliefs. Faith is a belief all on its own and a double edged sword. I come from a "non-faith" perspective and she comes from a "faith" perspective. We end up at the same point though. Neither one of us puts it between us, we accept the other person for who they are and what they believe.
    I hear you. I have friends of all faiths. And atheist friends too. And I'm not advocating a specific faith- just a faith in One supreme being (God.) But I am not out to convert or convince people- just talking my reality as a faith-based person.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Yours and @Lark's continuing conversation has been interesting, and I happen to agree with the sentiment. Struggle and suffering are great motivators for positive action, but we have our limitations.

Ideally, we'd also seize opportunities to grow our spheres of influence so that we can have an even greater impact, but we're still limited.
    This is part of getting the most impact from one's efforts. I suppose I am saying that no one benefits from my just sitting around feeling bad about the troubles of others. I have to get off my rear and act for any good to come of it.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    intx

There are no thought police. You can be whacked for speech but so far not thoughts. The legislatures have yet to outlaw thought. Everything that is not specifically banned is allowed. Therefore you have the "right"

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    THIS:

And them having something would not make them happier?

I know people don't like to admit it, but sometimes having more can make you happier. Not worrying is a strong relief and allows you to actually experience happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post

Yeah but accepting limitations, which is a good thing because it involves having a sense of perspective and not getting burnt out or neurotic or obsessive or just becoming a dull and one dimensional person, doesnt mean you should do nothing and not care.

The necessity that your sphere of concern is greater than your real sphere of influence doesnt mean you have no influence. Quietism and stoicism I dont think are the best answers which confronting the short comings of the world or any particular age you're living in. It's like the story of the star fish washed up on the shore but I'll not bore you with that because everyone knows it, it was even lampooned in an Eddie Murphy movie I think.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Wow. How very... American of you.
    :/ Well seeing as how I am American born, and more patriotic than some, I cannot see this as insulting.. but I get the feeling it's sort of intended to be that way. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have too many ambitions, and too much to do, to weigh myself down with the burdens of the entire world. I help where I can, and I ensure I am cared for so that I am not one of the ones helping with that weight as much as possible. It isn't that I don't feel empathy or sympathy for people at all.. but I'm just not so emotionally driven by it all. I don't cry when I see a tsunami happen across the world. I didn't cry when the people I was at war with perished at the hands of that war while I survived. It hurts to see people suffering from genocide, starvation, war, natural disasters.. but I, personally, am not hurt, and so I drive on. I'd rather not get into religious thoughts on the issue as there are way too many easily offended atheists to discuss anything on that level.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge