User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The symptoms mentioned are not the symptoms of a mental illness, rather it seems we are being treated to a stalking horse, but we have no idea what or who we are stalking or why.
    Time to call Jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

An answer that may do no good (but is worth a shot -- and I'll leave the thread if it makes no difference):

Firstly, I'm going to agree with most other earlier quotes in the thread, by saying that the thread concept is silly and isn't going to go anywhere. Most of us share the same opinion: that yes, you seem to have some mentally unhealthy traits/tendencies, and those tendencies have been shown to you as evidence, but you argue with the direct evidence. Not only that, but you've been diagnosed as "very clearly" something, but you reject that diagnosis. Rejecting a professional's diagnosis is a pretty big warning sign for most observers, because doing so is such a stretch of the imagination, and defies Occam's Razor. In other words: the only way a conversation can go on, about this, is if there's credible competing evidence -- which you don't have.

Secondly, I think that it makes little to no sense to start a thread asking for people's input on your mental health, when you are openly withholding the most important information you have on it: your "reason" for appearing narcissistic. Unless you explain that to the forum, then the forum will assume that you display narcissistic traits because you're a narcissist. Assuming otherwise is illogical, or at the very least a big stretch of the imagination.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    An answer that may do no good (but is worth a shot -- and I'll leave the thread if it makes no difference):

Firstly, I'm going to agree with most other earlier quotes in the thread, by saying that the thread concept is silly and isn't going to go anywhere. Most of us share the same opinion: that yes, you seem to have some mentally unhealthy traits/tendencies, and those tendencies have been shown to you as evidence, but you argue with the direct evidence. Not only that, but you've been diagnosed as "very clearly" something, but you reject that diagnosis. Rejecting a professional's diagnosis is a pretty big warning sign for most observers, because doing so is such a stretch of the imagination, and defies Occam's Razor. In other words: the only way a conversation can go on, about this, is if there's credible competing evidence -- which you don't have.

Secondly, I think that it makes little to no sense to start a thread asking for people's input on your mental health, when you are openly withholding the most important information you have on it: your "reason" for appearing narcissistic. Unless you explain that to the forum, then the forum will assume that you display narcissistic traits because you're a narcissist. Assuming otherwise is illogical, or at the very least a big stretch of the imagination.
    Once again, that wasn't my mom. Whoever thought of that.

Well I can attempt to summarize the situation, but if there's no reasons behind the points in the summary, it's likely to going to be unbelievable, nor is it going to be clear. I will be either asked to elaborate on them (which would unravel to the whole story) or I would be challenged by assumptions, which would challenge me to elaborate on the points. So however I see this, the outcome isn't a good one, therefore I'm not going to summarize it.

The conclusion of the story/summary would be this: I haven't met many people, therefore I haven't met anyone who I'd consider worth caring about, and I don't care about someone just because it's family, I look at the personality and actions.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post

Well I can attempt to summarize the situation, but if there's no reasons behind the points in the summary, it's likely to going to be unbelievable, nor is it going to be clear. I will be either asked to elaborate on them (which would unravel to the whole story) or I would be challenged by assumptions, which would challenge me to elaborate on the points. So however I see this, the outcome isn't a good one, therefore I'm not going to summarize it.

The conclusion of the story/summary would be this: I haven't met many people, therefore I haven't met anyone who I'd consider worth caring about, and I don't care about someone just because it's family, I look at the personality and actions.
    Sounds like the only thing that would make that a bad outcome, would be being forced to give more information to the forum. And even a non-Ti-user such as myself can attest that having information that's as close to complete as possible, is the only way to give an educated opinion. Maybe it's because I like answering questions about myself, that I don't see that as such a problem.

And if we on the forum, looking from an objective outsider's (skeptical) point of view, are going to make the most scientific and accurate assessment of you as we can, then there's no way we can trust your summary. Summaries are inherently skewed, and yours could be leaving out important data.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Apart from everyone who read the thread, you mean?
    It's impossible to believe you at this point. There is no one in your life that you care about, and you don't know anyone apart from family, so who else could this woman (that you describe in such minute detail and with whose son you empathise so much) possibly be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Sounds like the only thing that would make that a bad outcome, would be being forced to give more information to the forum. And even a non-Ti-user such as myself can attest that having information that's as close to complete as possible, is the only way to give an educated opinion. Maybe it's because I like answering questions about myself, that I don't see that as such a problem.

And if we on the forum, looking from an objective outsider's (skeptical) point of view, are going to make the most scientific and accurate assessment of you as we can, then there's no way we can trust your summary. Summaries are inherently skewed, and yours could be leaving out important data.
    I don't feel like typing a very long wall of text, I already do type pretty long messages sometimes. Answering random questions about the way you think is different, at least to me it is. I wouldn't mind answering questions in the way you do, but that's not the case here. If I feel like it, I will, but I don't think I will anytime soon, or most likely at all. I feel like typing very long messages when I'm in a philosophical mood, which can be caused by an interesting article or a certain conversation with someone.

I understand that, that's why there's the second column. My response towards someone else would likely be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Apart from everyone who read the thread, you mean?
    It's impossible to believe you at this point. There is no one in your life that you care about, and you don't know anyone apart from family, so who else could this woman (that you describe in such minute detail and with whose son you empathise so much) possibly be?
    Families are big - aunts, uncles, cousins, step-cousins, step-brothers, brothers, sisters, friends' moms, dads, uncles, etc., I could go on for a long time here, and even longer if I'd google the family position titles in English.

Also, many doesn't mean any. Once again, you are assuming, same as you're assuming "everyone." Also don't know now doesn't mean didn't know earlier. And not knowing in real life doesn't mean not knowing online. Not knowing online doesn't mean didn't know online.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I don't feel like typing a very long wall of text, I already do type pretty long messages sometimes. Answering random questions about the way you think is different, at least to me it is. I wouldn't mind answering questions in the way you do, but that's not the case here. If I feel like it, I will, but I don't think I will anytime soon, or most likely at all. I feel like typing very long messages when I'm in a philosophical mood, which can be caused by an interesting article or a certain conversation with someone.

I understand that, that's why there's the second column. My response towards someone else would likely be the same.
    Well, there's not much I can say, but that unless there's more info to discuss, then discussion isn't going to happen in this thread. People are going to discuss based on the information that they have, and what little they have available to them isn't all that promising -- as far as I know. (Especially not promising since you haven't answered that question about seeking a professional opinion, yet.)

I don't see this thread doing anything except crashing and burning, so consider this my official advice:
    1) Bail out of this thread while you still can; and
    2) Consider the opinions of professionals to be superior to those of people on this forum. Most of us are armchair psychologists, doing this for fun in our spare time, without a degree in it or any sort of professional experience. We don't have the credentials you need.

p.s. What second column?

Well, there's not much I can say, but that unless there's more info to discuss, then discussion isn't going to happen in this thread. People are going to discuss based on the information that they have, and what little they have available to them isn't all that promising -- as far as I know. (Especially not promising since you haven't answered that question about seeking a professional opinion, yet.)

I don't see this thread doing anything except crashing and burning, so consider this my official advice:
    1) Bail out of this thread while you still can; and
    2) Consider the opinions of professionals to be superior to those of people on this forum. Most of us are armchair psychologists, doing this for fun in our spare time, without a degree in it or any sort of professional experience. We don't have the credentials you need.

p.s. What second column?
    Which question? I haven't sought a professional opinion, nor will I. I don't think that there's something wrong with me, and I have read info about NPD recently as well. I've read them a long time ago too to see about a TV show persona. As for the other "accusations," well we cleared up the food one (OCD and something that was called obsession with food). I think there was something else but I can't remember.

I meant quote, not column. I was thinking "a long wall of text," so "a column of text" came to my mind as a synonym while I was writing the rest of the sentence.

I think advice 1) is pretty good. I'll see where this thread takes me... At least at the moment. So far, I've accomplished 2 things with this thread:

1. Got a pretty good image about Salome.
    2. Cleared up the confusion about food.
    2.1. Found out that pancakes aren't as greasy elsewhere.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Also, many doesn't mean any. Once again, you are assuming, same as you're assuming "everyone." Also don't know now doesn't mean didn't know earlier. And not knowing in real life doesn't mean not knowing online. Not knowing online doesn't mean didn't know online.

Which question? I haven't sought a professional opinion, nor will I. I don't think that there's something wrong with me, and I have read info about NPD recently as well.
    Here's the thing:

1) You obviously want to know what people think about your mental health, or else you wouldn't have started this thread in the first place.
    2) The best and most accurate way to diagnose yourself, is with a professional.

If you're curious, why not use the best method, instead of this incredibly sub-par one?
    I think advice 1) is pretty good. I'll see where this thread takes me... At least at the moment. So far, I've accomplished 2 things with this thread:

1. Got a pretty good image about Salome.
    2. Cleared up the confusion about food.
    2.1. Found out that pancakes aren't as greasy elsewhere.
    This is why I think you're an Ni-user!