User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    xxx

I have a serious greasy/dirty/sweaty hands pet peeve. Any stickiness or sweatiness or grease on my own hands is completely intolerable.

When I first held hands with my future wife I distinctly recall thinking "so dry!" and checking that off my list. I told her about this not long after... and the next day she came up and held both of my hands... having secretly slathered hers in maple syrup... and she held me there with a vice grip, laughing maniacally.

I've never forgiven her.
    @Typoz - I think you have psychological issues but I don't know if those are them. Some form of narcissism, perhaps? If it really is that type of situation, discussion with you is very unlikely to produce anything but frustration generally. Typically people with that sort of issue are unable to see it or comprehend/accept what is happening. Or maybe it's nothing.

arkigos = {
    mbti_type: INTP,
    cog_funcs: INTP.get_cog_funcs(),
    political_slogan: 'The INTP .... who cares!',
    influences: ['Socrates', 'Jesus', 'Descartes', 'John Stuart Mill', 'Kurt Cobain'],
    interests: ['History', 'Programming', 'Philosophy', 'Typing', 'Advocacy of the Devil'],
    alignment: neutral_good,
    }

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Well, door handles is definitely too much. Plus, we do not know what you mean by "greasy" - it might just mean "having touched some kind of food", in which case it would obviously be neurotic. So, in short, yes you could totally be neurotic.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

@Arkigos that's a pretty sweet wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkigos View Post
    @Typoz - I think you have psychological issues but I don't know if those are them. Some form of narcissism, perhaps? If it really is that type of situation, discussion with you is very unlikely to produce anything but frustration generally. Typically people with that sort of issue are unable to see it or comprehend/accept what is happening. Or maybe it's nothing.
    Well, there's an explanation why I appear narcissistic. Maybe I am, but I am not going to get into it, because the situation is very unbelievable. Not even few people believe me in real life until I showed proof, so I'm not going to write a novel about it. That's pretty much the only thing I won't get into, everything else - I'm free to discuss, it shouldn't take a novel to talk about those things.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well, door handles is definitely too much. Plus, we do not know what you mean by "greasy" - it might just mean "having touched some kind of food", in which case it would obviously be neurotic. So, in short, yes you could totally be neurotic.
    Two most common examples: eating pancakes using your fingers and eating fried potatos, and when you're finished, dip bread into the grease (in the pan) and eating it. After that, taking door handles full-hand (not the round door-handles). Usually there's a 1-2cm diameter of grease around the mouth too, which goes uncleaned until it's gone by itself. That's what I mean by grease...

As for me, I do not touch my keyboard before wiping (just to a napkin or something) my fingers after eating potato chips.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Pancakes and fried potatoes are widely differing in grease amount. I would definitely avoid touching my keyboard after eating friend potatoes, but pancakes are relatively dry. Grease around the mouth? After a pancake?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Pancakes and fried potatoes are widely differing in grease amount. I would definitely avoid touching my keyboard after eating friend potatoes, but pancakes are relatively dry. Grease around the mouth? After a pancake?
    Well I'm not aware of the pancakes in the US, but around here, at least our family (and as I understand, relatives and restaurants to a lesser extend), use lots of grease. I hate it, personally. For example, when frying potatos, my family puts literally third of a normal pan of grease and fills it up with potatos over the top. That's when they also eat the grease with bread after they're done with potatos. Same goes for meatballs. Pancakes are friend with less grease, but if you lift up a pancake when eating it, grease is dripping from it. Sometimes not (if they stayed longer before eating them, like half an hour), but they are still really greasy.

When I'll get on my own, I'm not gonna eat pancakes nor fried potatos, nor eggs (similar situation to fried potatos), nor meatballs. I want something grease-free for a change.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7 sx/so

I don't like any of things you listed that you don't like either. Now that it's mentioned. But not something I would really think about. And you write awesome for a non- native english speaker. You're right. There are native english speakers that write kindergarten level and they are grown adults who somehow graduated high school.

Anyway- if you feel like you obsess about food in a way that feels like it's overdone- than it probably is. Don't worry what we think. You know yourself and what your gut tells you. Did you have some sort of bad food experience? A bad food experience can make anyone weary about specific foods or how they treat food.

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    I don't like any of things you listed that you don't like either. Now that it's mentioned. But not something I would really think about. And you write awesome for a non- native english speaker. You're right. There are native english speakers that write kindergarten level and they are grown adults who somehow graduated high school.

Anyway- if you feel like you obsess about food in a way that feels like it's overdone- than it probably is. Don't worry what we think. You know yourself and what your gut tells you. Did you have some sort of bad food experience? A bad food experience can make anyone weary about specific foods or how they treat food.
    I actually get told that quite a lot, people in chats usually assume that I'm from the US. UK users too, as I use the US spelling. Sometimes it gets annoying sometimes, as people assume a lot of things and go by them in certain conversations. However that's incompatible with the people who forget the next day that I'm not from the US and I gotta tell them that again. Unfortunately they are good team members in some video games, so I gotta deal with them...

Anyway, I do think that I obsess about it more than the people around me (then again, the people around me grease up the handles, are okay with half their face being covered in grease for the rest of the day and don't wash the pans, pots, etc., for months...), so I don't know if I'm obsessing over it more than I should or not. My logic tells me that I'm not and so far, I'm confident with it until proven otherwise.

I haven't had any bad experience with food, except finding a hair or two in almost every meal. But that's pretty much it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

INTP sp-dom and you're probably not mentally unhealthy to a diagnostic extent.

Oddly enough, the ones who said I've got mental issues don't speak out in this thread.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

You're doing a pretty good job on your own. Plus, we have little interest in feeding your narcissism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkigos View Post
    Typoz - I think you have psychological issues but I don't know if those are them. Some form of narcissism, perhaps? If it really is that type of situation, discussion with you is very unlikely to produce anything but frustration generally. Typically people with that sort of issue are unable to see it or comprehend/accept what is happening.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Well, there's an explanation why I appear narcissistic. Maybe I am, but I am not going to get into it, because the situation is very unbelievable. Not even few people believe me in real life until I showed proof, so I'm not going to write a novel about it. That's pretty much the only thing I won't get into, everything else - I'm free to discuss, it shouldn't take a novel to talk about those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Anyway, I do think that I obsess about it more than the people around me
    Not much more to say really. Unless you want to go ahead and argue with yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.