User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 42

  1. #21
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,036

    Default

    I worked at a job where you just do not do that. I was constantly being told to "walk with a purpose" and such. I think because of this I learned to walk head high, chest out, hands OUT of pockets. I have special sympathy for people who receive this criticism and so I try not to do it myself to others, but I must admit those bodily expressions are typically seen as signs of self-confidence and it feels good to be interpreted that way so I continue the behavior. I don't think of it as inherently being correlated, but for me it is a way of communicating how I see myself to people who do see it that way.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  2. #22
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    My overall body language was neutral, I've already mentioned it ...
    Since you don't see yourself the way others see you, someone is wrong.

    Either way, you're the one left with the prospect of doing something to try to alter that perception.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  3. #23
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    I have noticed that around these forums. Maybe it's a cultural thing?
    It's just one of those common misconceptions. Saying all ISTP's are risk takers is another example.

    Overall, sensors draw a lot from it, especially as they get older. More/less confined, repressed cultures may have more influence over such things, and it may be a part of the "overall behavior" if that's the case.
    I disagree, especially the bolded part.

    In the case of my father, it rarely these little observational things that go toward the "overall behavior." They are often much bigger. For example, he criticizes Romney for running for president because: "He's rich so why should he bother?" (I know it's ridiculous, but I'm trying to show you that it's not really based on small observations.) In fact, he is quite absent-minded as well.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Since you don't see yourself the way others see you, someone is wrong.

    Either way, you're the one left with the prospect of doing something to try to alter that perception.
    I'm not going to alter it - I don't care how they see me. Even if I worked there I wouldn't care...

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    It's just one of those common misconceptions. Saying all ISTP's are risk takers is another example.


    I disagree, especially the bolded part.

    In the case of my father, it rarely these little observational things that go toward the "overall behavior." They are often much bigger. For example, he criticizes Romney for running for president because: "He's rich so why should he bother?" (I know it's ridiculous, but I'm trying to show you that it's not really based on small observations.) In fact, he is quite absent-minded as well.
    What I meant was that behavior, like doing what is polite and what is considered "okay" to do (or say) in certain situations may become the overall behavior.

  6. #26
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    What I meant was that behavior, like doing what is polite and what is considered "okay" to do (or say) in certain situations may become the overall behavior.
    Oh okay. I understand what you mean. However, I would argue that everyone does this to a degree, not just sensors. It seems that Fe types would tend to do this more often, though.

  7. #27
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    I'm not going to alter it - I don't care how they see me. Even if I worked there I wouldn't care...

    +

    My type is a mystery.
    Young INTP enneagram 4.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Oh okay. I understand what you mean. However, I would argue that everyone does this to a degree, not just sensors. It seems that Fe types would tend to do this more often, though.
    I think that Fe types look more into how you talk and sensors look more at how you act.

  9. #29
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    I think that Fe types look more into how you talk and sensors look more at how you act.
    What makes you think this?

    Well it appears we are going off topic. :P

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Young INTP enneagram 4.
    Why such a conclusion? Let's take it to the thread in my signature instead, so there wouldn't be a second derail here.

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    What makes you think this?

    Well it appears we are going off topic. :P
    F implies connection, S implies traditions, according to the MBTI.

    Indeed we are, therefore we should stop sometime soon.

Similar Threads

  1. Socialism and Communism go hand in hand
    By ilikeitlikethat in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-09-2017, 06:08 AM
  2. Ghost Hand in 18th Century Photograph
    By Crabs in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2016, 08:38 AM
  3. Top Ten Reasons Why the Pope Handed in His Three-Week Notice
    By Totenkindly in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-12-2013, 01:59 PM
  4. Everybody throw your hands up in the air, we have a new player in the house!!!
    By Alpha Prime in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 05:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO