First 12345 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Can you elaborate on that? For me, Fi is what makes me make the list in the first place, because I care enough not to want to forget whatever it is I am writing down.
    I have a rebellious streak wrt being told what to do. It goes so far that when I tell myself what to do, I also occasionally at it. It is highly inefficient and impractical but I haven't found the offswitch yet

From what I can tell, it stems from that Fi-value of refusing to be controlled/give up my freedom. Even if I can logically justify it to myself, if I don't *feel* it in that moment, I can really trip myself up that way
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I have a rebellious streak wrt being told what to do. It goes so far that when I tell myself what to do, I also occasionally at it. It is highly inefficient and impractical but I haven't found the offswitch yet

From what I can tell, it stems from that Fi-value of refusing to be controlled/give up my freedom. Even if I can logically justify it to myself, if I don't *feel* it in that moment, I can really trip myself up that way
    Oh I gotcha. Sometimes you want something else more in the moment. Fi is tricky like that. What do you REALLY value, right?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Oh I gotcha. Sometimes you want something else more in the moment. Fi is tricky like that. What do you REALLY value, right?
    Yah. Can become quite confusing
    I have an almost instant kneejerk reaction to feeling controlled (which means going the exact opposite). Makes it *really* hard to plan it, as that too feels like control
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I don't contingency plan anything worth crap from to do lists to epic world domination schemes.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Yes, and I never use them after that. I prefer to think the act of creating them solidifies the facts in my mind.
    This
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    xxTP

I do it for work, as inferior Fe shames me into action. If I like the people and am inspired by them, my Fe goes into overdrive and I make lists enthusiastically, feeling proudly part of a happy team!

In my personal life tho, no freakin way.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    I do it for work, as inferior Fe shames me into action. If I like the people and am inspired by them, my Fe goes into overdrive and I make lists enthusiastically, feeling proudly part of a happy team!

In my personal life tho, no freakin way.
    I don't mean to derail the topic, but how does your Fe shame you into action? That sounds... Odd.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    I don't mean to derail the topic, but how does your Fe shame you into action? That sounds... Odd.
    As in, "shit, I had better get minimally organized because otherwise I'll look bad in front of people whose opinions I either value, or whose approval I need in order to not get fired".

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I guess since my last blog was called the "To Do" blog the answer would be yes. Yes I do.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I'm not a P (obviously) but the Ps I know -- especially my INTP dad and ENFP friend -- constantly make to-do lists. They probably make them more often than I do, make them more effectively than I do, and stick to them better than I do. I think it's because even though I naturally have a to-do list in my head all the time, they don't, so they've had to train themselves to work that way?
    This is one of my hypotheses.

I very very rarely make to-do lists, or lists of any kind. And my reasons are probably similar to yours - I keep track of things in my head. It's only in times where I feel pretty stressed or feel I am not able to keep track of everything/am afraid I'll forget something, that I might make a list. Then the act of making the list makes me feel better, so I no longer have to fret about keeping track of it in my head. (very rare though.... I try to tailor my life so as to not be stressed out in the first place, but obv. there are always stressful periods/some external circumstances that bring about stress - i.e. a Move, change in job, whatever)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ