User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ps do you make to-do lists?

4w3 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Yes, and I never use them after that. I prefer to think the act of creating them solidifies the facts in my mind.
    Same here. If I write something down, I'm not going to forget it even if I don't look at it again. I use this method to study as well.

I will mark up my iCal like crazy. I need it...I have OOSOOM in a bad way.

I have an imaginary to-do list that I just use to chalk things into that I find interesting to check in the future. Unfortunately I seldom do, as the checking is usually also chalked up in there.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

3w2 so

No, I generally free myself from obligations quite quickly so that I have nothing to do. Besides from that I am pretty good at self-organisation thats why I often thought I am a J in the past. People in the past often has put me in charge to manage things, cause I am quite easy going and still care a lot that things get done.

My boss at work tho and my boss at home, as in gf, forced me to make a to-do list, so they can keep track of what I am planning. That was quite evil of them.
    Johari / Nohari

"How dreadful!" cried Lord Henry. "I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect."
    ~ Oscar Wilde - The picture of Dorian Gray

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar
    What not to do makes better sense for me. So when something goes wrong, I say it is a mistake, and I learn not to continue to make the same mistake.

And I remember my mistakes so I don't have to write them down, and if I forget them, I bump my nose against them to remind myself once again.

No, I do make shopping lists sometimes because if I dont I wont ever get the everything I needed from the store. Now I dont remember the list half the time, then the other 75% of the time I dont write down a list so maybe 12.5% of the time I have a list though that number seems high. I can make 3 trips to walmart in a day My memory is half-baked and shot.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

Senior Member Array

Most say I'm an INTP... So I do make lists. But my lists generally contain the things I gotta do when working on a project, ideas that I get while working or while doing something else to work on them when I'll be working on the project. I pick things out from the list, things that I feel like doing at that moment. The reason behind that may be either because the other things are more boring or because it makes sense to do it afterwards.

I tend to not forget appointments, but even though, I do write them down somewhere though. But in the end, I just throw the paper away before going out without even looking at it.

Since so far the projects were all mine, I did complete all the "ideas" from the lists that I've made. Some were scratched due to a better idea, but none were left out.

If I'm going to do something in real life besides a project, I don't make lists, I only think it through in my head. Assuming my brain does work that day (food, sleep, etc.), I don't forget what I thought of doing (asking, saying, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Chawie View Post
    No, but I make shopping lists due to fail si.
    I find it boring to think about stuff like "I need to buy that and that and that, oh and that!" I usually think about more important stuff when shopping (or moving in general, like going to the store). Earplugs in, I hate the supermarket music and ads... So yes, I do make shopping lists - plan it at home, write it down, plan my route when entering and while walking down the store to be the most efficient route possible (). If I was rich, I wouldn't do shopping myself. It's tedious.

Senior Member Array burymecloser's Avatar

I almost never make to-do lists. Notable exception: packing, which I suppose could be considered to-do (bring pants!).

Yeah, it's generally so I don't forget to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I do keep sort of an evolving list of stuff not to forget about. I don't know if it's exactly a "to-do" list. More of a "don't fuck up" list.

This describes it pretty well.

4dw sx/so
    IEx None

Te makes me

Then Fi helps me go and I forget instantly about the list

Ne appreciates Te kicking me in that way though. It does help to solidify those things that are vital.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Then Fi helps me go and I forget instantly about the list
    Can you elaborate on that? For me, Fi is what makes me make the list in the first place, because I care enough not to want to forget whatever it is I am writing down.