• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

are most people who are bipolar, also bisexual?

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
or at least open to experimentation?

i met a more than a few guys with bp and usually at some point, i hear they are very open to both men and woman.

any else notice this?

i cant say there is a direct connection but there is a relationship there

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have no idea but that would make sense. It should probably be the other way round though

Lark

Interested in seeing where this goes.

I have read about correlations, although its not too flattering to the idea of bisexuality, on the one hand, if peoples sexual choices are dictated by euphoric highs or depressive lows and I've also read that of those who do engage in uncharacteristic sexual behaviour, ie against their usual choices, it can very easily become one of a number of "regret factors" which spell themselves out in a corresponding low, if the behaviour took place during a euphoric high.

Why you interested in the topic? How'd this come up?

Lark

i met a more than a few guys with bp and usually at some point, i hear they are very open to both men and woman.

any else notice this?

Also you can have correlation without causation, statistically, its why tabbaco companies were able to con people into believing that it wasnt the smoking that gave them cancer for so long.

G

garbage

I'm bipolar and I'm extremely straight.

There. There's one data point!

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj

I have read about correlations, although its not too flattering to the idea of bisexuality, on the one hand, if peoples sexual choices are dictated by euphoric highs or depressive lows and I've also read that of those who do engage in uncharacteristic sexual behaviour, ie against their usual choices, it can very easily become one of a number of "regret factors" which spell themselves out in a corresponding low, if the behaviour took place during a euphoric high.

just something i noticed. i dont think its always the case but i noticed a pattern of bisexuals who were also bipolar

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj

just something i noticed. i dont think its always the case but i noticed a pattern of bisexuals who were also bipolar

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

any else notice this?

I snorted when I read this, then started running back through all the bipolar people I know, and then it was like, "uh... wow."

(Well, there is one guy I know who is not self-defined as bisexual, but he's kind of a metrosexual and realized he had some weird feelings for other guys despite being involved wit a woman, so.... ?)

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
im also counting the ones in the ultra conservative towns as well

G

garbage

I know someone who is bipolar and gay.

Two.
Well, my sister has a brother who is bipolar and isn't gay. That's.. ... three.. ....

Apparently, this whole 'bisexual/bipolar' thing is a subject that comes up a lot. I can definitely see this post (from the first link) as true:
Some bipolar people experience hypersexuality when manic.
Mania makes you feel like tackling life, experimenting, taking risks, and so on. I can see where a 'bisexual' phase might manifest in that state.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see how there could be a relationship between the two things. It seems illogical.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know. The earth is bipolar.

Little_Sticks

I was once diagnosed as Bipolar, which I've disregarded and replaced with anxiety/sensitivity:

I'm come to accept that I have homosexual thoughts and fantasies at times, especially when feeling overly manic/excited and horny. The problem is that I am not attracted to the male body, but the idea of submitting to another man, which makes it somewhat complicated (women don't seem designed to want to dominate a partner, and if they do, it's weird dominatrix shit). I actually do feel a little dirty/ashamed from it, which I guess is kind of funny because some gay people say the same thing.

I've never told anyone that. Ah, the joys of internet anonymity. :D

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People with bi-polar tend to go through phases of hypersexuality in manic episodes, though this is not always the case.

Often with hypersexuality bi-polar individuals will be more experimental and take sexual risks (sex with strangers, in public places etc).

While this does not mean all are bi-sexual it does mean that there is a larger percentage than the general population that they may at least experiement in that field.