First 123 Last

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I'm bipolar and I'm extremely straight.

There. There's one data point!
    are you sure? fingers crossed

thank you bologna, i guess it would not be true in your case.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Interested in seeing where this goes.

I have read about correlations, although its not too flattering to the idea of bisexuality, on the one hand, if peoples sexual choices are dictated by euphoric highs or depressive lows and I've also read that of those who do engage in uncharacteristic sexual behaviour, ie against their usual choices, it can very easily become one of a number of "regret factors" which spell themselves out in a corresponding low, if the behaviour took place during a euphoric high.

Why you interested in the topic? How'd this come up?
    just something i noticed. i dont think its always the case but i noticed a pattern of bisexuals who were also bipolar

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Interested in seeing where this goes.

I have read about correlations, although its not too flattering to the idea of bisexuality, on the one hand, if peoples sexual choices are dictated by euphoric highs or depressive lows and I've also read that of those who do engage in uncharacteristic sexual behaviour, ie against their usual choices, it can very easily become one of a number of "regret factors" which spell themselves out in a corresponding low, if the behaviour took place during a euphoric high.

Why you interested in the topic? How'd this come up?
    just something i noticed. i dont think its always the case but i noticed a pattern of bisexuals who were also bipolar

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    or at least open to experimentation?

i met a more than a few guys with bp and usually at some point, i hear they are very open to both men and woman.

any else notice this?

i cant say there is a direct connection but there is a relationship there
    I snorted when I read this, then started running back through all the bipolar people I know, and then it was like, "uh... wow."

(Well, there is one guy I know who is not self-defined as bisexual, but he's kind of a metrosexual and realized he had some weird feelings for other guys despite being involved wit a woman, so.... ?)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

im also counting the ones in the ultra conservative towns as well

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I know someone who is bipolar and gay.

Two.
    Well, my sister has a brother who is bipolar and isn't gay. That's.. ... three.. ....

Apparently, this whole 'bisexual/bipolar' thing is a subject that comes up a lot. I can definitely see this post (from the first link) as true:
    Some bipolar people experience hypersexuality when manic.
    Mania makes you feel like tackling life, experimenting, taking risks, and so on. I can see where a 'bisexual' phase might manifest in that state.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I don't see how there could be a relationship between the two things. It seems illogical.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

I don't know. The earth is bipolar.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

I was once diagnosed as Bipolar, which I've disregarded and replaced with anxiety/sensitivity:

I'm come to accept that I have homosexual thoughts and fantasies at times, especially when feeling overly manic/excited and horny. The problem is that I am not attracted to the male body, but the idea of submitting to another man, which makes it somewhat complicated (women don't seem designed to want to dominate a partner, and if they do, it's weird dominatrix shit). I actually do feel a little dirty/ashamed from it, which I guess is kind of funny because some gay people say the same thing.

I've never told anyone that. Ah, the joys of internet anonymity.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

People with bi-polar tend to go through phases of hypersexuality in manic episodes, though this is not always the case.

Often with hypersexuality bi-polar individuals will be more experimental and take sexual risks (sex with strangers, in public places etc).

While this does not mean all are bi-sexual it does mean that there is a larger percentage than the general population that they may at least experiement in that field.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"