User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You A Serious Person?

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    4 sx/sp
    INFp None

I tend to be at my most serious with people I don't know well. I do think about big issues and analyze them and have serious conversations about it, and I work really hard at what is important to me, but strangely enough I'm not intense socially. I am significantly more laid back than most people I know.

I tend to hide my silly side from people I don't know well, but will mirror anyone who has a silly side. I teach music lessons to some little children and don't have a problem being on their level, and I can get just about any animal feeling so silly they don't know what to do with themselves.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

No, I don't think I fall into the serious category. Hard working maybe, but serious... not so much.

Senior Member Array

When I was eight years old my Grade 4 teacher told my parents I was "too serious".

I've been called lots of things that might be the mark of a serious man: downbeat words like solemn, dour, miserly, miserable and curmudgeonly, and more upbeat ones like sincere, thoughtful, genuine, honest and authentic.

I would think I'd also come across as very aloof and lackadaisical, which to me are the antithesis of serious.

I guess I don't know what the hell people think of me now.

My Grade 4 teacher was probably right though.

Junior Member Array

I am serious about good food, success, being a good father and husband and getting as much ass from my wife as possible before I die because those are my metrics. I am unserious about pretty much everything else. Your definition of success is the only one that matters so mine wont help but here it is without a lot of thought.

A serious person is one whom makes a dedicated effort to achieve their goals as well as a concerted effort not to waste their time dicking around with things that are frivilous pursuits

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    not serious, i can't define it as i am not a dictionary
    i love you. from I AM to I AM. we are not the dictionary. how awesome of you to remind me of that

I am neither my seriousness, nor my sincerity nor my understanding of what those words mean. nevertheless all three of those are mighty players in this lifetime.

Around 55 percentile I think
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Maybe about 30% of the time but i won't commit to that.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Nips away your dignity Array Fluffywolf's Avatar
    9 sp/sx

I am a very serious person, I am always serious.

I'm not a very serious person, I frolick and banter all the time.

Seems a contradiction, but I wonder. I can describe myself from two different perspectives and conclude that both statement have equal truth in them.

The factor that upsets seems to be the definition of what is the opposite of serious. I say there is no opposite for any rational person.

When I am not being serious, I do so with serious intent.

F CK all I need is U Array ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    7w8 sx/so

Define serious.

I enjoy playing guitar like, rock guitar and stuff and; I can write comedy.

This might sound like a cliche but, I like to entertain myself. I rarely like to mix comedy with music though... Music, like comedy, is just whatever's on my mind, but if I'm in love for exmaple and want to write a love song then, that's what I'll end up doing.

9w1 sp/sx
    ILI Ni

1)concerned with important matters
    2)requiring effort or concentration
    3)being in earnest; sincere; not trifling

I like all of the above definitions. But I relate best to being earnest and sincere. And I am first and foremost serious. I am the worst person to tell a joke to. I normally don't get them. I have to think it through and then if I do get it I have to translate it to funny. It's better to tell me a funny story. or a knock knock joke...but even those I don't get sometimes lol

It's like I take the world in by being serious primarily and then I need to translate after I have absorbed it, and distinguish whether it really is serious or funny.

That being said...everything is funny...I just choose whether to laugh out loud or not. And I do give off the impression that I live in a land of fluff with people don't know i'm serious. But I care about everything. I think that's what makes me so serious.
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate.

Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Eric