• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Autism. A Case Resolved.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
It is hard to know. It is easy to be ignorant.
You do not communicate if you do not know.

Communicative, a.
free
unreserved
open

Communism failed.
Why?
Communication was forbidden.

Autism is about communication.
Yours or mine?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It is not solely about communication, communication is one of three key defining factors- diagnostically. Though i'm not sure i even agree with the criteria.

Where are you going with this?

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess... I was wondering if cats can get autism too

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
51HDjtrI-VL.jpg

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
It is not solely about communication, communication is one of three key defining factors- diagnostically. Though i'm not sure i even agree with the criteria.

Where are you going with this?

I do not remember now the other two key defining factors. What are they?
Where am I going? I thought I'd like to discuss William Cottrell. He was in school, and his teacher said he is a plagiarist. It seems to happen to everybody. It is only a problem of the teacher. So, it is not a problem of communication at all.
Cottrell changed school and everything was right again. But he was naive and he found bad company.

You read these stories .. when you have read one it is as if you have read it a hundred times. These stories are so similar. Recurring themes.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes. I think minutegovt and Salomé have something ..
I was in Spain in the winter. I knew lots and lots of autist cats there. :)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
How many people were indicted in the Cottrell case?

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Now they got me in a bird cage flappin my jaw
Like a pretzel on the stars just waitin to fall
So gimme what I got to get so I can go
Cause I ain't washin dishes in the ditch no more

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do not remember now the other two key defining factors. What are they?
Where am I going? I thought I'd like to discuss William Cottrell. He was in school, and his teacher said he is a plagiarist. It seems to happen to everybody. It is only a problem of the teacher. So, it is not a problem of communication at all.
Cottrell changed school and everything was right again. But he was naive and he found bad company.

You read these stories .. when you have read one it is as if you have read it a hundred times. These stories are so similar. Recurring themes.

Well, it's a spectrum, there's a lot of blur when attempting to define points along the spectrum, and honestly i'm not sure i agree with the majority of information out there. However, the three i was referring to are these...

social communication
social interaction
social imagination

You post intrigued me, so i did a little searching on Cottrell.
I found most of the information available to be inadequate apart from the plagirism account. I'm not surprised to find another of my biggest irks (the education system) is to blame for this.

maybe you could link me to something more regarding the case, i did search and found all sorts including original affidavits etc, but nothing much on who Cottrell was as an individual, excepting of course his flair for physics.

It would not surprise me if he was wrongly convicted but it would also not surprise me if he was guilty...at this point. While i am absolutely certain that people with asd can and have been taken advantage of, i often think that persons with asd are tagged as incapable of free thinking... which imo is bull.

I quite like what i have read so far of the Elves, we Pixies get along quite well with Elven folk.:smile:

I know of several well known persons with asd who are very capable, i think many neuro typical people grossly misunderstand and underestimate them.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tasty

Food for thought... (If you are interested)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
And the world hasn't looked back since.

I know nothing of Cottrell.

You took the word out of my mouth. The world hasn't looked back!
Always look back.

I chose Cottrell because it is a standard case not only of autism per se, but of the the habitual confrontation with authority.

When I was twelve years old, a policeman came to our house. He said to my parents: Your son is a leader of a gang.
I was repeatedly accused of plagiarism in school.

Then I started to read these autists' histories.
Cottrell was framed.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
And the world hasn't looked back since.

I know nothing of Cottrell.

You took the word out of my mouth. The world hasn't looked back!
Always look back.

I chose Cottrell because it is a standard case not only of autism per se, but of the the habitual confrontation with authority.

When I was twelve years old, a policeman came to our house. He said to my parents: Your son is a leader of a gang.
I was repeatedly accused of plagiarism in school.

Then I started to read these autists' histories.
Cottrell was framed.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, it's a spectrum, there's a lot of blur when attempting to define points along the spectrum, and honestly i'm not sure i agree with the majority of information out there. However, the three i was referring to are these...

social communication
social interaction
social imagination

I found most of the information available to be inadequate apart from the plagirism account. I'm not surprised to find another of my biggest irks (the education system) is to blame for this.

maybe you could link me to something more regarding the case, i did search and found all sorts including original affidavits etc, but nothing much on who Cottrell was as an individual, excepting of course his flair for physics.

It would not surprise me if he was wrongly convicted but it would also not surprise me if he was guilty...at this point. While i am absolutely certain that people with asd can and have been taken advantage of, i often think that persons with asd are tagged as incapable of free thinking... which imo is bull.

I quite like what i have read so far of the Elves, we Pixies get along quite well with Elven folk.:smile:

I know of several well known persons with asd who are very capable, i think many neuro typical people grossly misunderstand and underestimate them.

Good and precise thinking. I have no objection to anything you say. :D

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP

social communication
social interaction
social imagination

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Fine, but are we not to continue the discussion?

I had thought you planned on introducing some new avenues of exploration...no?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Fine, but are we not to continue the discussion?

I had thought you planned on introducing some new avenues of exploration...no?

Sorry. I was a little short, because I was in a hurry. I woke up a little time ago and I am not yet awake. I need some coffee. I definitely thought to continue .. there is so much to think about. Anyway, this place is going down, I think. I shall be back. :)