User Tag List

First 1234 Last

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    All the commies vanished one rainy night.

And the world hasn't looked back since.

I know nothing of Cottrell.

MBTI
    INFJ

Now they got me in a bird cage flappin my jaw
    Like a pretzel on the stars just waitin to fall
    So gimme what I got to get so I can go
    Cause I ain't washin dishes in the ditch no more

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I do not remember now the other two key defining factors. What are they?
    Where am I going? I thought I'd like to discuss William Cottrell. He was in school, and his teacher said he is a plagiarist. It seems to happen to everybody. It is only a problem of the teacher. So, it is not a problem of communication at all.
    Cottrell changed school and everything was right again. But he was naive and he found bad company.

You read these stories .. when you have read one it is as if you have read it a hundred times. These stories are so similar. Recurring themes.
    Well, it's a spectrum, there's a lot of blur when attempting to define points along the spectrum, and honestly i'm not sure i agree with the majority of information out there. However, the three i was referring to are these...

social communication
    social interaction
    social imagination

You post intrigued me, so i did a little searching on Cottrell.
    I found most of the information available to be inadequate apart from the plagirism account. I'm not surprised to find another of my biggest irks (the education system) is to blame for this.

maybe you could link me to something more regarding the case, i did search and found all sorts including original affidavits etc, but nothing much on who Cottrell was as an individual, excepting of course his flair for physics.

It would not surprise me if he was wrongly convicted but it would also not surprise me if he was guilty...at this point. While i am absolutely certain that people with asd can and have been taken advantage of, i often think that persons with asd are tagged as incapable of free thinking... which imo is bull.

I quite like what i have read so far of the Elves, we Pixies get along quite well with Elven folk.

I know of several well known persons with asd who are very capable, i think many neuro typical people grossly misunderstand and underestimate them.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Default Tasty

Food for thought... (If you are interested)

"We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post

You took the word out of my mouth. The world hasn't looked back!
    Always look back.

I chose Cottrell because it is a standard case not only of autism per se, but of the the habitual confrontation with authority.

When I was twelve years old, a policeman came to our house. He said to my parents: Your son is a leader of a gang.
    I was repeatedly accused of plagiarism in school.

Then I started to read these autists' histories.
    Cottrell was framed.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post

You took the word out of my mouth. The world hasn't looked back!
    Always look back.

I chose Cottrell because it is a standard case not only of autism per se, but of the the habitual confrontation with authority.

When I was twelve years old, a policeman came to our house. He said to my parents: Your son is a leader of a gang.
    I was repeatedly accused of plagiarism in school.

Then I started to read these autists' histories.
    Cottrell was framed.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Well, it's a spectrum, there's a lot of blur when attempting to define points along the spectrum, and honestly i'm not sure i agree with the majority of information out there. However, the three i was referring to are these...

social communication
    social interaction
    social imagination

I found most of the information available to be inadequate apart from the plagirism account. I'm not surprised to find another of my biggest irks (the education system) is to blame for this.

maybe you could link me to something more regarding the case, i did search and found all sorts including original affidavits etc, but nothing much on who Cottrell was as an individual, excepting of course his flair for physics.

It would not surprise me if he was wrongly convicted but it would also not surprise me if he was guilty...at this point. While i am absolutely certain that people with asd can and have been taken advantage of, i often think that persons with asd are tagged as incapable of free thinking... which imo is bull.

I quite like what i have read so far of the Elves, we Pixies get along quite well with Elven folk.

I know of several well known persons with asd who are very capable, i think many neuro typical people grossly misunderstand and underestimate them.
    Good and precise thinking. I have no objection to anything you say.

MBTI
    INTP

social communication
    social interaction
    social imagination

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Fine, but are we not to continue the discussion?

I had thought you planned on introducing some new avenues of exploration...no?

MBTI
    INTP

Fine, but are we not to continue the discussion?

I had thought you planned on introducing some new avenues of exploration...no?
    Sorry. I was a little short, because I was in a hurry. I woke up a little time ago and I am not yet awake. I need some coffee. I definitely thought to continue .. there is so much to think about. Anyway, this place is going down, I think. I shall be back.