User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 49

  1. #11
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    All the commies vanished one rainy night.

    And the world hasn't looked back since.


    I know nothing of Cottrell.

  2. #12
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Now they got me in a bird cage flappin my jaw
    Like a pretzel on the stars just waitin to fall
    So gimme what I got to get so I can go
    Cause I ain't washin dishes in the ditch no more

  3. #13
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I do not remember now the other two key defining factors. What are they?
    Where am I going? I thought I'd like to discuss William Cottrell. He was in school, and his teacher said he is a plagiarist. It seems to happen to everybody. It is only a problem of the teacher. So, it is not a problem of communication at all.
    Cottrell changed school and everything was right again. But he was naive and he found bad company.

    You read these stories .. when you have read one it is as if you have read it a hundred times. These stories are so similar. Recurring themes.
    Well, it's a spectrum, there's a lot of blur when attempting to define points along the spectrum, and honestly i'm not sure i agree with the majority of information out there. However, the three i was referring to are these...



    social communication
    social interaction
    social imagination


    You post intrigued me, so i did a little searching on Cottrell.
    I found most of the information available to be inadequate apart from the plagirism account. I'm not surprised to find another of my biggest irks (the education system) is to blame for this.



    maybe you could link me to something more regarding the case, i did search and found all sorts including original affidavits etc, but nothing much on who Cottrell was as an individual, excepting of course his flair for physics.

    It would not surprise me if he was wrongly convicted but it would also not surprise me if he was guilty...at this point. While i am absolutely certain that people with asd can and have been taken advantage of, i often think that persons with asd are tagged as incapable of free thinking... which imo is bull.

    I quite like what i have read so far of the Elves, we Pixies get along quite well with Elven folk.

    I know of several well known persons with asd who are very capable, i think many neuro typical people grossly misunderstand and underestimate them.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

  4. #14
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default Tasty

    Food for thought... (If you are interested)

    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

  5. #15
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    And the world hasn't looked back since.


    I know nothing of Cottrell.
    You took the word out of my mouth. The world hasn't looked back!
    Always look back.

    I chose Cottrell because it is a standard case not only of autism per se, but of the the habitual confrontation with authority.

    When I was twelve years old, a policeman came to our house. He said to my parents: Your son is a leader of a gang.
    I was repeatedly accused of plagiarism in school.

    Then I started to read these autists' histories.
    Cottrell was framed.

  6. #16
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    And the world hasn't looked back since.


    I know nothing of Cottrell.
    You took the word out of my mouth. The world hasn't looked back!
    Always look back.

    I chose Cottrell because it is a standard case not only of autism per se, but of the the habitual confrontation with authority.

    When I was twelve years old, a policeman came to our house. He said to my parents: Your son is a leader of a gang.
    I was repeatedly accused of plagiarism in school.

    Then I started to read these autists' histories.
    Cottrell was framed.

  7. #17
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Well, it's a spectrum, there's a lot of blur when attempting to define points along the spectrum, and honestly i'm not sure i agree with the majority of information out there. However, the three i was referring to are these...



    social communication
    social interaction
    social imagination


    You post intrigued me, so i did a little searching on Cottrell.
    I found most of the information available to be inadequate apart from the plagirism account. I'm not surprised to find another of my biggest irks (the education system) is to blame for this.



    maybe you could link me to something more regarding the case, i did search and found all sorts including original affidavits etc, but nothing much on who Cottrell was as an individual, excepting of course his flair for physics.

    It would not surprise me if he was wrongly convicted but it would also not surprise me if he was guilty...at this point. While i am absolutely certain that people with asd can and have been taken advantage of, i often think that persons with asd are tagged as incapable of free thinking... which imo is bull.

    I quite like what i have read so far of the Elves, we Pixies get along quite well with Elven folk.

    I know of several well known persons with asd who are very capable, i think many neuro typical people grossly misunderstand and underestimate them.
    Good and precise thinking. I have no objection to anything you say.

  8. #18
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Well, it's a spectrum, there's a lot of blur when attempting to define points along the spectrum, and honestly i'm not sure i agree with the majority of information out there. However, the three i was referring to are these...



    social communication
    social interaction
    social imagination


    You post intrigued me, so i did a little searching on Cottrell.
    I found most of the information available to be inadequate apart from the plagirism account. I'm not surprised to find another of my biggest irks (the education system) is to blame for this.



    maybe you could link me to something more regarding the case, i did search and found all sorts including original affidavits etc, but nothing much on who Cottrell was as an individual, excepting of course his flair for physics.

    It would not surprise me if he was wrongly convicted but it would also not surprise me if he was guilty...at this point. While i am absolutely certain that people with asd can and have been taken advantage of, i often think that persons with asd are tagged as incapable of free thinking... which imo is bull.

    I quite like what i have read so far of the Elves, we Pixies get along quite well with Elven folk.

    I know of several well known persons with asd who are very capable, i think many neuro typical people grossly misunderstand and underestimate them.
    Good and precise thinking. I have no objection to anything you say.

  9. #19
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Good and precise thinking. I have no objection to anything you say.
    Fine, but are we not to continue the discussion?

    I had thought you planned on introducing some new avenues of exploration...no?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

  10. #20
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Fine, but are we not to continue the discussion?

    I had thought you planned on introducing some new avenues of exploration...no?
    Sorry. I was a little short, because I was in a hurry. I woke up a little time ago and I am not yet awake. I need some coffee. I definitely thought to continue .. there is so much to think about. Anyway, this place is going down, I think. I shall be back.

Similar Threads

  1. Asperger Syndrome, Autism, and MBTIc: a questionnaire
    By MerkW in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 06:57 AM
  2. Autism and brain types.
    By meanlittlechimp in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 08:50 PM
  3. [NT] INTs and Autism Spectrum disorders
    By Haphazard in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 12:21 AM
  4. Case of kissing too many frogs when searching for her prince?
    By Sahara in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 10:58 AM
  5. These S people with their tiresome case against N
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 11:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO