User Tag List

123 Last

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Default writing i waant to commit suicide and am depressed on facebook

you think people who write this stuff on facebook are really suicidal and depressed or do they want attention?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INFP

Maybe both? I saw a documentary on youth suicide last night where one of the girls was writing pretty much exactly that and followed through. She seemed like a pretty typical infp emo type, teenaged and just broken up with her boyfriend. All her messages seemed pretty standard emo teenage fare (comically stereotypical even), so if I'd seen it I'd probably have just written it off as a girl going through "that phase". Cutting herself on the arms and wearing short-sleeved shirts to show them off suggests she either wanted attention or didn't care about hiding. Her facebook entries near the end provoked mixed responses of "You ok sweety? " and "lol".

Then she jumped in front of a train. Pretty recent.

So I guess you never know.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I'd also vote for both. I get messages like this on Facebook about once a week from various former students from the reserve I worked on. On the one hand, it is a bit of attention-seeking and wanting to be noticed. On the other hand, most of those kids are dealing with huge, soul-crushing circumstances in their lives that really offer no foreseeable relief in the future. They generally are without an emotional support system and also have not had good coping skills modelled to them. Addictions and abusive relationships are a pretty common thing there and suicide is totally thinkable because most of the kids have been abandoned by someone close to them in that way. So, I think after awhile it's easy to start feeling jaded because it is such a common thing and it seems that Facebook is an inappropriate venue for seeking help. On the other hand, it's really hard to tell who is truly on the edge.

omg. i'd wonder how this person got on my
    friend list in the first place then unfriend them.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

figsfiggyfigs

^

Yeah, I'd probably roll my eyes.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    you think people who write this stuff on facebook are really suicidal and depressed or do they want attention?
    Idk, sometimes people who are suicidal and depressed want attention because they recognise they need help. I think there is a huge overlap.

Of course there will be others who are just attention seeking without much thought for the larger picture.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Ginkgo

WALMART

They want attention.

In the sense that nobody truly wants to commit suicide.

Well.... mostly nobody.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    They want attention.

In the sense that nobody truly wants to commit suicide.

Well.... mostly nobody.

Hmm well yes and no. I believe sucicidal individuals will often sway on this, there may be times when they just want the pain to go away, to escape but also times when they just see black and white... end this...enough. The former can probably be helped by one or more of numerous methods/medications but the latter is pretty much tied up. There is a real difficulty when you have an individual who moves between the two. How do we know these people should be treated and what gives us that right.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    yupp

People learn about sucidiality they could be isolated and posting as a last resort to connect to someone else.you people make me sick,I hope someone kills themselves in front of you after you laugh at them

although it depends on context "OMG I'm going to kill myself, because my dad won't let me go to the movie" probably attention seeking
    "facebook people, I regret to inform you that my life is going nowhere i will end it tonight, just wanted to say my goodbye" a little more serious

yeah i dunno but it seems like if you say that you don't know what it's like to be so cut off to do anything as a last resort to reach outand than just to be laughed at about it, seems demeaning to me. i'm not suicidal, i've just been there so maybe i take status like that a little more seriously, and if they're right and the person is being over dramatic they'll go to the hospital and learn not to throw around words i'm going to kill myself haphazardly
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so