User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 48

  1. #21
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    I would say they wanted someone to convince them otherwise... Of course people wouldn't necessarily take it seriously so they wouldn't get the advice, or the reprimand, or the boost of morale they needed; however, context is always key.
    Likes melomania liked this post

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    They want attention.


    In the sense that nobody truly wants to commit suicide.






    Well.... mostly nobody.
    What about the person who doesnt care and wants to play a cruel joke before he goes out. Knowing people are gonna think "nobody truly wants to commit suicide." and then realize WHOLY crap. I believe people can commit suicide as a punishment for someone else.

    Ive had someone tell me they wanted to commit suicide. I gave them an option...They commited themself into rehab or I call the cops. They chose the rehab option and yes I followed them and made sure they did it.
    Im out, its been fun

  3. #23
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    What about the person who doesnt care and wants to play a cruel joke before he goes out. Knowing people are gonna think "nobody truly wants to commit suicide." and then realize WHOLY crap. I believe people can commit suicide as a punishment for someone else.

    Ive had someone tell me they wanted to commit suicide. I gave them an option...They commited themself into rehab or I call the cops. They chose the rehab option and yes I followed them and made sure they did it.

    That is the kind of attention they want. To be intervened upon.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    That is the kind of attention they want. To be intervened upon.
    oh well, some thing I wont budge on or take chances. I am not gonna be any more responsive to that person, caring, etc. then is normal nor will I go out of my way anymore then I already do for that person. I am not gonna play games and will be the person I have always been. Guess thats what happens when you do that crap to a T.
    Im out, its been fun

  5. #25
    Member melomania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    oh well, some thing I wont budge on or take chances. I am not gonna be any more responsive to that person, caring, etc. then is normal nor will I go out of my way anymore then I already do for that person. I am not gonna play games and will be the person I have always been. Guess thats what happens when you do that crap to a T.
    My ex boyfriend was diagnosed as bipolar schizophrenic around age 21. We met when he was 22 and I was 19. He did not disclose this information to me until we had been dating for almost a year. I knew there was something off for a long time but i convinced myself that it was all in my head for a long time until he finally confided in me. My extreme and young INFP self basically guilted me into staying for awhile. Saying things to myself like "you can't abandon him like everyone else has.""it's not his fault", "he has been through traumatic circumstances."

  6. #26
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    I don't think i would actively say i was suicidal on facebook, but i might consider setting a timer to a suicide note to pop up on my feed with the option to cancel if i change my mind. but its tough to say. and actually i dunno i was brainwashed into thinking people do this for attention, and maybe they are. or maybe they've tried to tell people whats going on and no one fucking listened. and so its one last chance to see if people do give a fuck. but the problem with that is the people's guilt kick in and they get saved. so really if no one's fucking listening to you before go ahead and do it and skip facebook. because if they cared they would've said something.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  7. #27
    Senior Member Chrysanthea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Personal experience: I really don't have anyone I am close enough to feel safe enough to post such revealing information to those that know me... yet don't care. I'd sooner write about my suicide ideations to a stranger on reddit than those I have befriended on facebook, because then I'd be much more likely to be given relatively objective advice on how to proceed, instead of the fake friendliness that is bound to consume my Facebook page (this would most likely cause me to retreat inwards even further, as I don't want such attention to bombard me over the next few days). Though I don't really require outside support to help me conquer my suicidal thoughts, as my suicide ideations themselves tend to be the prime antidote against my theoretical suicide. Meaning that I am someone who becomes motivated and happy by the idea of suicide, which persuades me to actually live longer and temporarily rids me of those thoughts. Sometimes to get through the day (usually necessary at school) I pretend I convince myself I am going to commit suicide the next day, which relieves me of all tensions, anxiety, and inhibitions.

    Answer to the question: Anywayyyysss to answer the given question... Yes that would be considered attention seeking. This is because they truly desire to live a good life and the only thing missing from achieving that desire is love. Or maybe some good anal sex.

  8. #28
    Member Chickennugget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ENFp Ne
    Posts
    85

    Default

    It will work out however it is suspossed to. However, don't kill yourself. Things will work out. You'll go far, kid.
    Hey! Take this bomb survey about human happiness. It's pretty open-ended, and it's for a fun project I'm doing because why not?

    Link:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ina...?usp=send_form


    Tumblr: enfpiss

    Go follow me!

  9. #29

    Default

    I don't think that just because someone wants attention or seems like they're being melodramatic, it means they're not suffering on some level. Sometimes there is a reason why they go to that extent to get attention, even if it is just to remind themselves that the world is not full of apathetic trolls and people who treat them poorly in real life. Maybe they don't have anyone to talk to. I think it's ridiculous to withhold support from someone because they might not have a gun to their head at that moment and we feel like judging them and their problems. Even if you think it's not that serious (when you might not even know what's going on), offering to lend an ear or giving them some perspective on their situation may satisfy them. People think that wanting attention means that you use people to make yourself feel above everyone else or that you never take responsibility for your problems, but sometimes the person just feels deprived of something in the emotional department or feels overwhelmed and is struggling to find some hope to latch onto. You can be depressed and have suicidal thoughts without going through with the act. If you don't care, then why be friends with them?
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

  10. #30
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midoughni View Post
    I don't think that just because someone wants attention or seems like they're being melodramatic, it means they're not suffering on some level. Sometimes there is a reason why they go to that extent to get attention, even if it is just to remind themselves that the world is not full of apathetic trolls and people who treat them poorly in real life. Maybe they don't have anyone to talk to. I think it's ridiculous to withhold support from someone because they might not have a gun to their head at that moment and we feel like judging them and their problems. Even if you think it's not that serious (when you might not even know what's going on), offering to lend an ear or giving them some perspective on their situation may satisfy them. People think that wanting attention means that you use people to make yourself feel above everyone else or that you never take responsibility for your problems, but sometimes the person just feels deprived of something in the emotional department or feels overwhelmed and is struggling to find some hope to latch onto. You can be depressed and have suicidal thoughts without going through with the act. If you don't care, then why be friends with them?
    you got to remember its easy for people to judge based on limited info. and they're not gonna change.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

Similar Threads

  1. Greece To Close Banks And Stock Exchange On Monday
    By Olm the Water King in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-17-2015, 07:15 PM
  2. What NP type am I? (And a Tip on How to Find Your MBTI)
    By xpeacexrainbowx in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-17-2015, 12:37 AM
  3. You all got to watch this and share it on however you can
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-21-2015, 04:44 AM
  4. I'm new, and am dying to ask...
    By limeo in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 07:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO