User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Which Employee Type Are YOU?

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    5w6 sp/so
    LII Ne

Slacker: Definitely not an obvious loafer but can sometimes be a more sneaky slacker. I do get the important stuff done though and my boss has not complained about my productivity. It's more the case of alternating between periods of high energy and productiveness and periods of lower energy and productiveness. Sometimes when I finish a project I like to reward myself with something more enjoyable. Sometimes I'll slack when I've already done the important things for the day but have to stay at work until my shift ends.

Space Cadets: This kinda fits except I think I communicate more effectively than the description would suggest. And I do care about getting the necessary things done. I may daydream alot but my head isn't totally in the clouds. I have good ideas but also a good sense of practicality.

Power Grabbers: Not really. I'm more interested in doing work that's fulfilling than trying to climb some corporate ladder. Of course I want some say in what I do and how I do it but for the most part I treat my supervisors with respect and not trying to run over them.

Loners: This one probably fits the best overall. I like to work alone and don't see much need to socialize with coworkers. I hate being watched while I work and I most prefer to have a manager that just leaves me alone to work on some project in peace. The only thing that doesn't fit is that I don't mind attending conferences and workshops if I know that the information I learn in them will benefit me in my job. What I don't like is when employees are forced to attend and don't learn anything new or useful.

Drama Queens (or Kings): Not me at all. I'm basically the opposite of this.

Challengers: I can be a challenger but not in the same way as the article describes. My intention isn't to be oppositional for its own sake. It's to seek the truth and further understanding and in some cases to question practices that may not be the most effective. When I disagree I do so in a respectful manner.

Clingers: Like others in this thread have said, I can be this when I'm feeling insecure or when I'm new to a job and not sure what to expect. I do like having clear expectations of what the overall goal or purpose is but I want the freedom to go about it in the way I see fit. I don't need quite the degree of communication with the manager as the description says but I do need to have a good harmonious relationship and the sense that I'm doing well.
    Last edited by Such Irony; 09-14-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Neutral Good

i will take your job. and your entire portfolio too.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

3w4 sp/sx

On certain days I'm like the loner. I don't want to talk to anyone and I want to do things myself because I just can't concentrate with all the noise around me. I also feel that it's not focused.

However, I will talk when there's important stuff that I'm not sure about or want to have an approval or double check.

If I had a little caffeine or a good night's sleep, I will be a less OCD and/or anal version of the Power Grabber. I don't really outright try to control people because I think that it is rude and I don't really want to work for someone like that either (and to think I used to be like that... feedback has gone a long way).

What I would do is to try to get everyone involved so that I can get input from everybody (since my college uses a team-based problem solving system). From there, I would list down the tasks that needs to be done for the day and let my team members choose what they would want to do, since that gets the best results. If no one chooses anything, I would divide the tasks among my team members and then ask if it's okay with them to do task X.

It's not that hard working in a team, you just have to be nice about it.

Starcrossed Seafarer Array Aquarelle's Avatar

Loner with a touch of slacker.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert

2. Space Cadet
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

6w7 so/sx
    EII Ne

Power Grabber, hint of Slacker.

I've uprooted 2/3 bosses thus far.
    In my defense, they both sucked.

Have been labeled a Kiss Ass because I actually work(and when I am not working the bellow applies and they think I am working)
    Workaholic because people always seem to think I put in crazy hours until they realize how fast I work.
    Weapon because apparently I have all the answers in my drawer already...above applies again
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.