User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    There is no direct correspondence between the employee types and MB types. Each MB type could fit in more than one of the employee types, and vice versa.

In that case, the enneagram chart also has "no direct correspondence" between mbti types and enneagram number because each mbti type can have more than one enneagram associated with it and vice versa.

Yet in the title it clearly states: BlackCat's MBTI and Enneatype correlation chart

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Swivelinglight View Post
    In that case, the enneagram chart also has "no direct correspondence" between mbti types and enneagram number because each mbti type can have more than one enneagram associated with it and vice versa.

Yet in the title it clearly states: BlackCat's MBTI and Enneatype correlation chart
    'Correspondence' means similarity or even equivalency; 'correlation' means only a connection or a relationship. They're different terms. The latter's much tighter than the former.

Additionally, by that logic, the Enneagram would be as worthless as this employee type system because its types correlate with MBTI type and so we can deduce Enneatypes from MBTI types as well. Which, I guess, is okay, but it goes to show that independently looking at two systems that happen to be correlated isn't fruitless.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

[Space cadet] can feign attention well, & does pay attention when it's relevant- to further enable my solitary work environment later on [loner].
    I'll do what you want, take my time, give me money. Leave me the fuck alone in between all that.

Same goes for non-paying collaborative projects. I selectively pay attention/tune out a lot of garbage, & work on what I need to, strictly alone. I often go beyond what's asked of me, if it's something I'm personally passionate about - like working on a theatrical production, etc. An example I'll use is having participated in college productions - anyone cast in the show also had backstage tasks. My job was sound engineering/fx. Working on a lot of audio software, and working out cues, and this annoying old board. I spent time alone in my batcave, just checking here & there with the director as needed. She was always incredibly pleased with my work. I'd end up staying late into the night until security kicked me and a few others out, working on setbuilding, & the like. I'd see what needed to be completed, check if anyone had begun yet, & would tackle it. A lot of the people assigned the set building slacked, & greatly appreciated that someone was around to pick it up. I was pleased to do so.

However, that said, truth be told- I'd never do that in a job I had no value for other than a paycheck. Working excessively for the sake of being told you're a good worker doesn't mean shit to me.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

i'm none of these in the least
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    'Correspondence' means similarity or even equivalency; 'correlation' means only a connection or a relationship. They're different terms. The latter's much tighter than the former.
    Actually the reverse is true. Correspondence suggests a one-to-one mapping, as in power-grabber=ENTJ, or enneagram 5 = INTP. Both of us agree that such a mapping cannot be made. Correlation suggests only some relationship or similarity. Yes, ennea 5 correlates well with INTP, since many INTPs are 5, and many 5s are INTP, but it is far from absolute since many INTP are not 5 and even more 5 are not INTP. In any case, Swivelinglight is correct that there is no one-to-one correspondence between enneagram and MB type.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Actually the reverse is true. Correspondence suggests a one-to-one mapping, as in power-grabber=ENTJ, or enneagram 5 = INTP. Both of us agree that such a mapping cannot be made. Correlation suggests only some relationship or similarity. Yes, ennea 5 correlates well with INTP, since many INTPs are 5, and many 5s are INTP, but it is far from absolute since many INTP are not 5 and even more 5 are not INTP. In any case, Swivelinglight is correct that there is no one-to-one correspondence between enneagram and MB type.
    None of these typing systems are isomorphic. They don't even share the same number of types. And isn't it called a Correlation Chart? This terminology is all effed up. A correlation is a connection drawn between two facts or events. It is best just to study the chart and ignore someone's attempt to sound intelligent with the title.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    None of these typing systems are isomorphic. They don't even share the same number of types. And isn't it called a Correlation Chart? This terminology is all effed up. A correlation is a connection drawn between two facts or events. It is best just to study the chart and ignore someone's attempt to sound intelligent with the title.
    I am not making claims about anyone's chart, just clarifying terminology, and providing some illustrations. IME, correlations (relationships) can be drawn among the various systems, but not correspondences (equivalences).
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Permabanned

loner/clinger/non obvious slacker/power grabber...
    depending on the situation...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I'm a Slacker Loner. As in "Leave me alone, I'm slacking off."

MBTI
    Intp

I guess I could be a challenger and loner? Idk I kinda don't fit any of those- I'm usually a hard worker who likes to take control.