• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Employee Type Are YOU?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Slacker: Definitely not an obvious loafer but can sometimes be a more sneaky slacker. I do get the important stuff done though and my boss has not complained about my productivity. It's more the case of alternating between periods of high energy and productiveness and periods of lower energy and productiveness. Sometimes when I finish a project I like to reward myself with something more enjoyable. Sometimes I'll slack when I've already done the important things for the day but have to stay at work until my shift ends.

Space Cadets: This kinda fits except I think I communicate more effectively than the description would suggest. And I do care about getting the necessary things done. I may daydream alot but my head isn't totally in the clouds. I have good ideas but also a good sense of practicality.

Power Grabbers: Not really. I'm more interested in doing work that's fulfilling than trying to climb some corporate ladder. Of course I want some say in what I do and how I do it but for the most part I treat my supervisors with respect and not trying to run over them.

Loners: This one probably fits the best overall. I like to work alone and don't see much need to socialize with coworkers. I hate being watched while I work and I most prefer to have a manager that just leaves me alone to work on some project in peace. The only thing that doesn't fit is that I don't mind attending conferences and workshops if I know that the information I learn in them will benefit me in my job. What I don't like is when employees are forced to attend and don't learn anything new or useful.

Drama Queens (or Kings): Not me at all. I'm basically the opposite of this.

Challengers: I can be a challenger but not in the same way as the article describes. My intention isn't to be oppositional for its own sake. It's to seek the truth and further understanding and in some cases to question practices that may not be the most effective. When I disagree I do so in a respectful manner.

Clingers: Like others in this thread have said, I can be this when I'm feeling insecure or when I'm new to a job and not sure what to expect. I do like having clear expectations of what the overall goal or purpose is but I want the freedom to go about it in the way I see fit. I don't need quite the degree of communication with the manager as the description says but I do need to have a good harmonious relationship and the sense that I'm doing well.

Last edited:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
On certain days I'm like the loner. I don't want to talk to anyone and I want to do things myself because I just can't concentrate with all the noise around me. I also feel that it's not focused.

However, I will talk when there's important stuff that I'm not sure about or want to have an approval or double check.

If I had a little caffeine or a good night's sleep, I will be a less OCD and/or anal version of the Power Grabber. I don't really outright try to control people because I think that it is rude and I don't really want to work for someone like that either (and to think I used to be like that... feedback has gone a long way).

What I would do is to try to get everyone involved so that I can get input from everybody (since my college uses a team-based problem solving system). From there, I would list down the tasks that needs to be done for the day and let my team members choose what they would want to do, since that gets the best results. If no one chooses anything, I would divide the tasks among my team members and then ask if it's okay with them to do task X.

It's not that hard working in a team, you just have to be nice about it.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Loner with a touch of slacker.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Power Grabber, hint of Slacker.

I've uprooted 2/3 bosses thus far. :blush:
In my defense, they both sucked.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Loner

Have been labeled a Kiss Ass because I actually work(and when I am not working the bellow applies and they think I am working)
Workaholic because people always seem to think I put in crazy hours until they realize how fast I work.
Weapon because apparently I have all the answers in my drawer already...above applies again