• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Employee Type Are YOU?

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
Dumb thread.

People are going to use the label that has the same descriptions as the label MBTI gives them. No point in asking them what label it is because if they can figure it out you probably can figure out which mbti correlates with which worker label.

Dumb thread.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm 1w7, the Slacker/Clinger. I'm lazy, prefer working at my own pace, and usually need external guidance to get me moving faster; although I do love getting a lot accomplished (feeling proud is awesome!), I have poor motivation. I also tend to be slightly insecure sometimes and ask a few too many questions when I probably don't really need to.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dumb thread.

People are going to use the label that has the same descriptions as the label MBTI gives them. No point in asking them what label it is because if they can figure it out you probably can figure out which mbti correlates with which worker label.

Dumb thread.

Dumb post.

It assumes that people are going to choose the employee type that correlates with their MBTI type, when in fact it forces people to think in terms of how they behave on the job and not as an MBTI type.

Dumb post.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Little bit of a space cadet @ times. Although I really hate that word.... It's so derogatory and makes people sound so simple and dumb.

But while I'm actually energetic and focused on work I don't fit the others.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dumb CreatorTopic

That's exactly what is going to happen.

Dumb CreatorTopic

Creative editing on your part:

"Dumb OP

Dumb OP"

I guess it's time to delete this thread because Swivullinglight says it's dumb.

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
Creative editing on your part:

"Dumb OP

Dumb OP"

I guess it's time to delete this thread because Swivullinglight says it's dumb.

Huh?

No idea what you're talking about regarding editing but that's fine. My rebuttal is correct based on ur lack of rebuttal, gg.

/threadclosed

G

garbage

Dumb banter.

The thread is five pages long. If a general trend were going to happen, it probably would have happened. We can just take a look at the damn posts and see whether the evidence actually reflects a very tight correlation between MBTI type and employee type.

:popc1:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is no direct correspondence between the employee types and MB types. Each MB type could fit in more than one of the employee types, and vice versa. I made a quick table to show what seem the most likely correspondences.

Screenshot.png

Don't bother taking issue with the specific associations. That is not the point. The point is that to represent a MB type as completely as possible in the "difficult employee" system requires a weighted combination of several employee types, as I gave in my own reply. Even then, it won't be a complete correspondence since the employee types do not comprise a complete set of basis vectors.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Definitely a resentful Slacker of the sneaky variety, followed by Challenger.

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
There is no direct correspondence between the employee types and MB types. Each MB type could fit in more than one of the employee types, and vice versa.

In that case, the enneagram chart also has "no direct correspondence" between mbti types and enneagram number because each mbti type can have more than one enneagram associated with it and vice versa.

Yet in the title it clearly states: BlackCat's MBTI and Enneatype correlation chart

G

garbage

In that case, the enneagram chart also has "no direct correspondence" between mbti types and enneagram number because each mbti type can have more than one enneagram associated with it and vice versa.

Yet in the title it clearly states: BlackCat's MBTI and Enneatype correlation chart
'Correspondence' means similarity or even equivalency; 'correlation' means only a connection or a relationship. They're different terms. The latter's much tighter than the former.

Additionally, by that logic, the Enneagram would be as worthless as this employee type system because its types correlate with MBTI type and so we can deduce Enneatypes from MBTI types as well. Which, I guess, is okay, but it goes to show that independently looking at two systems that happen to be correlated isn't fruitless.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[Space cadet] can feign attention well, & does pay attention when it's relevant- to further enable my solitary work environment later on [loner].
I'll do what you want, take my time, give me money. Leave me the fuck alone in between all that.

Same goes for non-paying collaborative projects. I selectively pay attention/tune out a lot of garbage, & work on what I need to, strictly alone. I often go beyond what's asked of me, if it's something I'm personally passionate about - like working on a theatrical production, etc. An example I'll use is having participated in college productions - anyone cast in the show also had backstage tasks. My job was sound engineering/fx. Working on a lot of audio software, and working out cues, and this annoying old board. I spent time alone in my batcave, just checking here & there with the director as needed. She was always incredibly pleased with my work. I'd end up staying late into the night until security kicked me and a few others out, working on setbuilding, & the like. I'd see what needed to be completed, check if anyone had begun yet, & would tackle it. A lot of the people assigned the set building slacked, & greatly appreciated that someone was around to pick it up. I was pleased to do so.

However, that said, truth be told- I'd never do that in a job I had no value for other than a paycheck. Working excessively for the sake of being told you're a good worker doesn't mean shit to me.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
i'm none of these in the least

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
'Correspondence' means similarity or even equivalency; 'correlation' means only a connection or a relationship. They're different terms. The latter's much tighter than the former.
Actually the reverse is true. Correspondence suggests a one-to-one mapping, as in power-grabber=ENTJ, or enneagram 5 = INTP. Both of us agree that such a mapping cannot be made. Correlation suggests only some relationship or similarity. Yes, ennea 5 correlates well with INTP, since many INTPs are 5, and many 5s are INTP, but it is far from absolute since many INTP are not 5 and even more 5 are not INTP. In any case, Swivelinglight is correct that there is no one-to-one correspondence between enneagram and MB type.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually the reverse is true. Correspondence suggests a one-to-one mapping, as in power-grabber=ENTJ, or enneagram 5 = INTP. Both of us agree that such a mapping cannot be made. Correlation suggests only some relationship or similarity. Yes, ennea 5 correlates well with INTP, since many INTPs are 5, and many 5s are INTP, but it is far from absolute since many INTP are not 5 and even more 5 are not INTP. In any case, Swivelinglight is correct that there is no one-to-one correspondence between enneagram and MB type.

None of these typing systems are isomorphic. They don't even share the same number of types. And isn't it called a Correlation Chart? This terminology is all effed up. A correlation is a connection drawn between two facts or events. It is best just to study the chart and ignore someone's attempt to sound intelligent with the title.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
None of these typing systems are isomorphic. They don't even share the same number of types. And isn't it called a Correlation Chart? This terminology is all effed up. A correlation is a connection drawn between two facts or events. It is best just to study the chart and ignore someone's attempt to sound intelligent with the title.
I am not making claims about anyone's chart, just clarifying terminology, and providing some illustrations. IME, correlations (relationships) can be drawn among the various systems, but not correspondences (equivalences).

xisnotx

Permabanned
loner/clinger/non obvious slacker/power grabber...
depending on the situation...

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a Slacker Loner. As in "Leave me alone, I'm slacking off."

moonnx

MBTI Type
Intp
I guess I could be a challenger and loner? Idk I kinda don't fit any of those- I'm usually a hard worker who likes to take control.