User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

When I'm not confident at all, at work, I'm a clinger. But when I'm too confident, I'm a power grabber.

In the middle... :queenie:
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

ReflecTcelfeR

If I were to pick two I would say the loner or the challenger, more of the former.

I don't really like theories like this, because it just seems like someone wrote down their anecdotal observations and made it a "system". Between the Forer Effect, and simply covering a wide swath of behaviors, theories like this are like a mental infection...essentially not falsifiable.

But since I still strangely enjoy these parlor-game-like categorizations of people. I would say I have pretty strong loner tendencies, and space cadet tendencies...this combination can make me seem very much like a slacker in the short run (though over the long run, I out-produce the average worker).

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I don't really like theories like this, because it just seems like someone wrote down their anecdotal observations and made it a "system". Between the Forer Effect, and simply covering a wide swath of behaviors, theories like this are like a mental infection...essentially not falsifiable.

But since I still strangely enjoy these parlor-game-like categorizations of people. I would say I have pretty strong loner tendencies, and space cadet tendencies...this combination can make me seem very much like a slacker in the short run (though over the long run, I out-produce the average worker).
    I don't think this is even any kind of theory or categorization of workers in general in the sense that all workers fall into one of these seven types...

It's just 'seven employees that drive managers crazy'. What it says on the tin. I'm pretty sure all seven types exist, but it isn't a way of defining employees on any kind of scale, it's just pointing out these 7 that are bothersome out of possibly many.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

The Loner, as I prefer working on my own. Keep in mind, the article is about managing difficult employees, and I don't consider myself to be difficult in the work place.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

This statement is interesting to me, because I feel the same can be said of mbti. Is not mbti - especially its origins - rather anecdotal and categorical in nature? Isn't that the point?

---

@wolfy - yeah, maybe you're right... I guess they aren't opposite.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Oh man, I think I'm a clinger! That sucks! I think it comes from only really entering the workforce fully in my 30s.
    Same here, and it was with both feet first in an industry I didn't understand the workings of. So at first I was very clingy, i.e., asking for help all the time and feeling like it was me against the world.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

It's only a parlor game if you don't apply it to reality. The page I cited gives advice on how managers can deal more effectively with these types of employees. Did you visit the page in the OP?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Same here, and it was with both feet first in an industry I didn't understand the workings of. So at first I was very clingy, i.e., asking for help all the time and feeling like it was me against the world.
    Yep! I've only been "officially" working for this company (not contracting as a free agent) for about six months. And I never did many of the things I'm currently doing, when I worked for them as a freelancer. I pretty much just wrote stuff for five years prior to this. Publishing is a completely different skillset.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Half Slacker, Half Power Grabber

I don't seek out more work than I feel like dealing with at any one time.

At different points in my life the slacker or the power grabber have been winning the battle, but I only win when I reasonably balance the two.

When I say slacking though, I mean reading the news like I do everyday. That takes a while and I'm a pretty quick reader.