123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Default INT : The magnificent seven.

Ok for those who don't know INT is the abbreviation given to intelligence in D&D. The magnificent seven refers to the theory of there being seven types of intelligence.

With that out of the way what I'm getting at is what words or concepts do you associate with intelligence?

Are they biased towards one personality type or another?

Do we (the few.. the mighty...etc) think that the seven types of intelligence are right (in our own estimations, ie not objectively) and if not then what needs changing?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Ok for those who don't know INT is the abbreviation given to intelligence in D&D. The magnificent seven refers to the theory of there being seven types of intelligence.

With that out of the way what I'm getting at is what words or concepts do you associate with intelligence?

Are they biased towards one personality type or another?

Do we (the few.. the mighty...etc) think that the seven types of intelligence are right (in our own estimations, ie not objectively) and if not then what needs changing?
    can you post the seven types?
    INTP/5w4 sx

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

1. Linguistic
    Enjoy writing, reading, telling stories or doing crossword puzzles.
    2. Logical-Mathematical
    Logical intelligence. Interested in patterns, categories and relationships. Drawn to arithmetic problems, strategy games and experiments.
    3. Bodily-Kinesthetic
    Process knowledge through bodily sensations. Often athletic, dancers or good at crafts such as sewing or woodworking.
    4. Spatial
    Tend to think in images and pictures. May be fascinated with mazes or jigsaw puzzles, or spend free time drawing, building or daydreaming.
    5. Musical
    Always singing or drumming to themselves. They are usually quite aware of sounds others may miss. Often discriminating listeners.
    6. Interpersonal
    Leaders among their peers, who are good at communicating and who seem to understand others' feelings and motives possess interpersonal intelligence.
    7. Intrapersonal
    May be shy. Very aware of their own feelings and are self-motivated.

(Extra information included is off a website I found. I'm not 100% convinced of it's comprehensiveness (is that even a word?).)
    PS. Thanks Jasz. Knew I'd missed something.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i think most of these types are rather passive and speak to comprehension and understanding, not so much to applicability or innovation.
    INTP/5w4 sx

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jasz View Post
    i think most of these types are rather passive and speak to comprehension and understanding, not so much to applicability or innovation.
    Is not innovation and application more a function of wisdom? Intelligence being a tool (under this theory) and wisdom the hand which guides it.

MBTI
    INTJ

i don't really think they are right, cause it would only be so if it encompassed all, so perhaps it might be arrogant/detrimental to think we have discovered every possible way of looking at people in the development of humanity at this point all ready. But that's not to say they might not be good starting points : )

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    1. Linguistic
    Enjoy writing, reading, telling stories or doing crossword puzzles.
    2. Logical-Mathematical
    Logical intelligence. Interested in patterns, categories and relationships. Drawn to arithmetic problems, strategy games and experiments.
    3. Bodily-Kinesthetic
    Process knowledge through bodily sensations. Often athletic, dancers or good at crafts such as sewing or woodworking.
    4. Spatial
    Tend to think in images and pictures. May be fascinated with mazes or jigsaw puzzles, or spend free time drawing, building or daydreaming.
    5. Musical
    Always singing or drumming to themselves. They are usually quite aware of sounds others may miss. Often discriminating listeners.
    6. Interpersonal
    Leaders among their peers, who are good at communicating and who seem to understand others' feelings and motives possess interpersonal intelligence.
    7. Intrapersonal
    May be shy. Very aware of their own feelings and are self-motivated.

(Extra information included is off a website I found. I'm not 100% convinced of it's comprehensiveness (is that even a word?).)
    PS. Thanks Jasz. Knew I'd missed something.
    I have not cared much for these seven. Or at least making them equal. Bodily-Kinesthetic makes it sound like a self-esteem exercise for jocks.

"You may not understand multiplication, but damn you sure are smart with your body!"

Whatever.

Logical-Mathematical gets us to the moon. Bodily-Kinesthetic is outdone by most animals. Not impressed.

MBTI
    ENTP

cheeseboyga
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    "You may not understand multiplication, but damn you sure are smart with your body!" Whatever.
    Thus "Vogue" remains, for the benighted, just another smash pop single.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I have not cared much for these seven. Or at least making them equal. Bodily-Kinesthetic makes it sound like a self-esteem exercise for jocks.

"You may not understand multiplication, but damn you sure are smart with your body!"

Whatever.

Logical-Mathematical gets us to the moon. Bodily-Kinesthetic is outdone by most animals. Not impressed.
    Ah the age old argument of which is more impressive, the aircraft or the pilot, the gun or the shooter. Personally I have admiration for both. Besides don't you think that the person who got to the moon had high BK INT?