User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 117

  1. #81
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,675

    Default

    I just got back from doing what the title of this thread is, or at least telling people I'd finished a book I was reading.


    Bytches.

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Yes, people are narcissistic, but there is also the issue of privacy. Since the topic is still related to social networking, has anyone ever heard of this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaspora_(software)

    It's supposedly an "alternative to corporately produced software."

  3. #83
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    It sounds like the human condition. They just want to be seen and remembered, even if it means losing their shame.

  4. #84
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Desperate need for attention they never got from Momsie or Dadsie.
    Actually seeking attention on the internet is an improvement than just suffering the lack of attention as children.

    When we suffered the lack of attention as children, and without therapy or the internet, we were more likely to pass on the lack of attention to our own children.

    But finding surrogate attention on the internet, we are more likely to improve our own child rearing practice.

  5. #85
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    What caused you to create this thread?


    Likely similar sentiment.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Enneagram
    hot
    Socionics
    body
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosabel View Post
    I see a lot of people having the need of:

    - Saying every little thing that happens in their lives on FB;
    - Sharing every mellow picture with a "romantic" quote and tag their bf/gf;
    - Posting photos of every little thing of their day to day lives;
    - Expressing opinions that doesn't even matter;

    Attention-whoring? Ego-feeding? The need of feeling important (the 15 minutes of fame)? What kind of psychological need causes this?
    I've been guilty to a certain degree of this.
    I see something I think is funny I HAVE to show everyone. I take a picture of something cool and want everyone to see it. It was like a few months I was like that one winter. Then spring hit and I was out of the house more and rarely went on facebook and didn't care anymore.

    So.....
    BOREDOM!!!!
    And the jokes were mostly the whole "wow, this is really funny. Hey I know Zach would find this funny."

    As far as the extreme cases I haven't given them much thought. Maybe they constantly need validation from others. Like the people who parade their significant other's around so all the world will know they're spoken for.

  7. #87
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,782

    Default

    read up on narcism, what you're talking about is NOT the same thing.

    I rarely update my status on face book and usually to post a link i found interesting, and 90% of my FB friends posts annoying political shit, and the other 10% post mostivational posters. maybe 1% post about their lives.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  8. #88
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    read up on narcism, what you're talking about is NOT the same thing.

    I rarely update my status on face book and usually to post a link i found interesting, and 90% of my FB friends posts annoying political shit, and the other 10% post mostivational posters. maybe 1% post about their lives.
    What kind of friends do you have? most of mine post pictures of their lives.

  9. #89
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    What kind of friends do you have? most of mine post pictures of their lives.
    posting pictures, oh my god, how narcissitic of them, people sharing pictures of their family HAS NOT been happening since the invention of the camera. FB is kind of like just a giant public wallet for parents in a lot of ways
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  10. #90
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,782

    Default

    its not narcissm, people have the desire to relate to others and share things that interest them. it's not them going OMG I'm so great everyone will love me, it's more of maybe if i post something people will find it funny, or relate to it on some level.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-24-2015, 09:05 PM
  2. What makes some people talk more than others?
    By Giggly in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-25-2013, 05:44 PM
  3. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-26-2011, 11:41 PM
  4. What makes people addicted?
    By Amethyst in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 02:38 PM
  5. What do people owe their parents?
    By Udog in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 10:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO