User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Boredom.

The need to go full retard. Manifests in different ways and frequencies, and don't fool yourself - it exists in every human.

Boredom.

Boredom + need to have an identity + desire to bond with people who share the same opinions.
    Conclusion: FB = feeling bored.
    Last edited by Rosabel; 09-02-2012 at 09:01 PM.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I also think that people are more isolated now than ever before. We have a longer history of living within a small tribe for generations. Now we move about in a society larger than our comprehension. Most friendships and even relationships are fleeting for many. People stop talking to their families, and older people never hear from their children. People are vulnerable to buy the latest product to make them sexy so people will gravitate towards them, they sign up for seminars on how to win at business and love, TV preachers with unconvincing tears manipulate spiritual motivations, and all the while we drive faster and faster cars. I think a continual sense of existential isolation underlies our living and people's attempts to connect are often the social equivalent of the nutritional benefits of french fries.
    Totally... I even have a sister who I rarely ever talk to anymore ... She texts occasionally... Just odd things but I usually hear about her life on Facebook. She just did a video for the flaming lips and I heard about it on Facebook...wth is going on here.

It's the same with her and the rest of the family.. She doesn't even pick up when my mother calls but will answer a text.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Also I'm friends with like maybe 5 or so people from here on there that I've never met irl but I know everyone else have actually been friends with them awhile and hung out and don't mind them knowing things... Actually with the exception of maybe a handful of old hs friends tht I'll likely never see again.

I don't get why they even requested me.

I totally don't understand wanting friends on there you don't actually know.

Even with all of that I rarely share anything private at all.

So to expose your whole self to a bunch of strangers is totally bizarre to me.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

For me, some people living this digital era are even losing their human sides, sense of being and self, and disconnecting too much from essential things that they shouldn't.

They became only an image and a "product"... it's really sad. I wonder where it's going if generalize.

EDIT: But it's only ~extreme~ cases of bad use of social networks!
    Last edited by Rosabel; 09-02-2012 at 09:05 PM.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

seems lame on Facebook, but irl it gets rid of the people that don't give a fuck about you so you can focus on the ones that matter
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Wait what does? ^^ I missed something.
    -Jim Morrison

I don't really see it as a problem. The people I see around me treat it as something you design and put out there. That's the way I see it too. I see the digital age as creating more connection than less.

Glycerine

Yeah it seems like a projected image/product to me.

More connections, but superficial ones...

Life has always been filled with friends and acquaintances of varying degrees. Social media is just a fun way to express yourself, not find deep meaning in life.

I think you're exaggerating.