User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Oh but to answer the question

I don't like it.

Intimacy should be shared irl with true close friends over wine or something... Not just putting it out there for the masses

I mean... For me

I don't relate to the compulsion to do so in such a public way.

I mean I have some major shit going on and I occasionally feel like having a tantrum about it but I would be so embarresed if it was publicly with people I wasn't quite intimate with.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Oh but to answer the question

I don't like it.

Intimacy should be shared irl with true close friends over wine or something... Not just putting it out there for the masses

I mean... For me

I don't relate to the compulsion to do so in such a public way.

I mean I have some major shit going on and I occasionally feel like having a tantrum about it but I would be so embarresed if it was publicly with people I wasn't quite intimate with.
    Yeah, I share the sentiment. And even with close friends, I seldom disclose my thoughts recklessly.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

For sure me too... About 95% of the time I just suffer in silence (ha so dramatic)

But occasionally when prodded ill have a lil mini rant... But quickly follow it up with but sigh... It's fine because I'm going to do this or that etc etc
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I feel like lately I've been thrust more and more towards the conclusion that there's something fundamentally pathological about FB.

What I mean is, it encourages a kind of fucked up identity projection that allows one to objectify themselves. Something about that encourages delusional and odd attention seeking behaviors, and I really do think that rather than being an extension of people's real need for attention, social networks kind of create that need.
    That's a pretty interesting perspective. I use FB mostly to post pictures like the old picture albums but you can share it with more people. Sometimes if there is a video that is really funny, I'll share that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Pss...I think people do it here too.

Anyways, I have no problem with it. My only particular issue is the way people will go about it. If you're going to do that sort of thing, then BE ENTERTAINING! Don't be so boring and predictable. If you gonna go to da mall, wax me some poetry, keep the language and style interesting, at least try to catch my attention...I mean that's what you're going for in the first place.
    Predictable can be funny but yes, I agree with "BE ENTERTAINING". There is nothing worse than hearing - "we're driving back from so and so" or "I just got out of my hot tub" or "I'm going to that same restaurant I've been to 100 times and am just letting you know."

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I feel like lately I've been thrust more and more towards the conclusion that there's something fundamentally pathological about FB.

What I mean is, it encourages a kind of fucked up identity projection that allows one to objectify themselves. Something about that encourages delusional and odd attention seeking behaviors, and I really do think that rather than being an extension of people's real need for attention, social networks kind of create that need.
    I see that more on here.

I don't mind if people post the odd vent, but it gets old fast and isn't something I do. I like facebook though, it provides an easy access to people back home in NZ. It is getting popular with people in Japan now, people mostly post pics of what they eat, things they went to,what they got up to. I like that sort of thing.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Omg I know!

And my sister posts seemingly everything she likes on pinterest to Facebook too.

You know there's an option not to do that. :/

Plus... I get notifications on my phone everytime she does it so sometimes it's like 14 things in a row and then I have those lil red numbers that I loathe and have to click on them to get it to go away!
    -Jim Morrison

Omg I know!

And my sister posts seemingly everything she likes on pinterest to Facebook too.

You know there's an option not to do that. :/

Plus... I get notifications on my phone everytime she does it so sometimes it's like 14 things in a row and then I have those lil red numbers that I loathe and have to click on them to get it to go away!
    Notifications can be annoying. A friend started a music thread and joined me in...I woke up to 76 emails.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rosabel View Post
    I see a lot of people having the need of:

- Saying every little thing that happens in their lives on FB;
    - Sharing every mellow picture with a "romantic" quote and tag their bf/gf;
    - Posting photos of every little thing of their day to day lives;
    - Expressing opinions that doesn't even matter;

Attention-whoring? Ego-feeding? The need of feeling important (the 15 minutes of fame)? What kind of psychological need causes this?
    I dont think its any of those things.

Just one thing though, excluding all these points, including the most vaguely defined final point, what purpose does Face Book have? What would you use it for?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Oh shit that's the worst! I hate email notifications! I get a ridiculous amount of email as it is. I can't deal with all that.

I need some sort of reset button. I'm feeling cluttered. Too many sites and usernames and passwords to remember and emails, spam sent bs that needs to be deleted but I can only do it 50 at a time I gots no time for that and all the unnecessary bs on my computer... I need it gone and organized. I'm truly feeling overwhelmed.

Ha sorry for that^^ not sure why I'm sharing all of that boringness.
    -Jim Morrison

Ha sorry for that^^ not sure why I'm sharing all of that boringness.
    Yeah, you should post that crap on facebook. Not here.