User Tag List

Thread: Lateral thinking and logic?

Default Lateral thinking and logic?

Not sure if this is in the right forum, but I have no idea what all the acronyms mean, so if someone could enlighten me that'd be great

Right, well I always used to think Logics perhaps the most important part of problem solving, but now I'm beginning to realise that logic is actually quite limited in itself, and that lateral thinking is perhaps the bigger role. I'm not entirely sure atm, what do you guys think?

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Moved to a more serious forum.

Could you describe in more detail what you mean by "logics" and "lateral thinking" and what makes lateral better? Thanks.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Actually, I meant 'Logic' .. sorry .. just logic in general really. I think Lateral thinking is better, or perhaps more useful, because you need that extra, broader view of concepts to be able to really look back and SEE what you're looking at. Perhaps thinking laterally is actually the first step to solving a problem, to get all the information you need first.

Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by Mindan; 05-30-2008 at 07:24 AM.