• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Scientists Present Their Right Cheek (of the face) In Pictures

G

garbage

Interesting stuff. I've always leaned my face slightly to the left myself, but I didn't know that it could mean anything.

:popc1:

W

WALMART

most people are also right handed. coincidence?

yes, it is.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've seen this as well, in both myself and a LOT of people. I've always smiled more easily and widely on the left side of my face, to the point where I had to train the right side of my face to smile harder to match, which feels forced.

Some take this as a validation of right brain/left brain theory.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wonder if its reversed for left handed people like me. I always thought I showed more emotion on the right side of my face.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if its reversed for left handed people like me. I always thought I showed more emotion on the right side of my face.

I'm right-handed and I use the right side of my face more. God-knows the reasons...

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting.

I favor the right side of my face - only slightly - in most photos.

gromit

likes this
I've seen this as well, in both myself and a LOT of people. I've always smiled more easily and widely on the left side of my face, to the point where I had to train the right side of my face to smile harder to match, which feels forced.

For me it was the opposite. I had a weird "droopy eye" and smile as a kid. When I smiled for portraits, my right eye was scrunched up and my mouth looked kind of pulled to that side as well. Actually terribly adorable on a child. I have trained myself to balance it out more now, but sometimes, when I'm smiling without thinking, it still kind of looks like that.

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
I just looked at my pictures and surely enough I present the right side of my face, I'm also trying to get into college for electrical computer engineering. Interesting stuff.