• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what are your emotions like?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
are they constant or are they fleeting. are they weak or are they intense?

mine are fleeting but intense, like when i feel something i feel for 5 minutes and its over whelming but after that i'm fine.

W

WALMART

the one emotion i can consistently rely on feeling is anger, but it is fleeting. regret, perhaps, after?

is loneliness an emotion?

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm so integrated with them this is akin to asking "what does having skin feel like?"

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mine are intense. They tend to come in waves over cyclical 6-8 week periods. I think it has to do with activity level. I usually become very active and have more energy then burn out and need some time to veg and recover for a bit. I'm striving for more balance in this area of my life.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
what if it wasn't?
I'm sure that wouldn't be good for me.

Even if it were somehow done painlessly in a way that doesn't kill me, my brain would probably flip out from the lack of stimuli.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm sure that wouldn't be good for me.

Even if it were somehow done painlessly in a way that doesn't kill me, my brain would probably flip out from the lack of stimuli.

what if you had a lobotomy first?

P

Phantonym

Usually fleeting. Can be both weak and intense, depending on what's going on in my life and how stressed I am. I have the tendency to build up emotions without even realizing it, like something trivial triggers an emotional response but the scale of it is revealed maybe days, weeks later and then it can be very intense.

metalmommy

so ready
For me, it depends a lot on how much I allow them to affect me. At any given moment, i'm capable of very intense feeling. I work very hard, however, to keep them at more of a slow burn as much as I can. I prefer to make rational choices, and since i'm an F (raised by an INTJ) it's been something I've worked at for most of my life.

Unfortunately, some feelings are beyond my control...and that can be...problematic.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My emotions . . . you know, I really can't bring words to describe every nuance of emotion that I feel. Sometimes there's intense internal feelings, hidden romantic spirits, and deep seated feelings. Other times, it's like I'm dead on the inside.

Maybe I'll post pictures later; illustration serves as a better guide for communicating such complex things.

EDIT: post 3100.

G

Glycerine

Annoyance, contentment/happiness with an occasional bout of anger/sadness. They are usually fleeting but emotional buildup can lead to a mood that won't go away. It's hidden intensity.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Most of the time they feel foggy or very far away. Every so often they all come into focus and are a little overwhelming. But it's not often or for very long.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I guess the best way I can describe it is 'the complete and total opposite of mood swings.' I'm generally happy-go-lucky to neutral.

Funnily, there's always some small anxiety buzzing around in my head, despite that (not that it's every anything bad or serious).

xisnotx

Permabanned
Like cognitive biases I have that aren't able to interpreted as false except in hindsight.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tending towards intense. Mostly fleeting but not always.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Consistent and steady. Neutral when I'm stressed/in less-than-ideal situations and upbeat, cheerful or neutral when I'm in comfortable situations.

There's really not much to report.

I've been majorly depressed before but even then it was more of a mental depression than an emotional one. I kind of envy those with more "artistic temperaments." They just seem to have such a rich emotional world. All the different flavours. I've got vanilla and chocolate. All of it softserve. Yawn. Sometimes I'd just like a little Tanzanian chocolate chili gelato, ya know?

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Consistent and steady. Neutral when I'm stressed/in less-than-ideal situations and upbeat, cheerful or neutral when I'm in comfortable situations.

There's really not much to report.

I've been majorly depressed before but even then it was more of a mental depression than an emotional one. I kind of envy those with more "artistic temperaments." They just seem to have such a rich emotional world. All the different flavours. I've got vanilla and chocolate. All of it softserve. Yawn. Sometimes I'd just like a little Tanzanian chocolate chili gelato, ya know?

What do you mean? I've got an intensely rich emotional world. Use your Ne!!! x