4w5 so

Default Women Who Don't Like Other Women

Thoughts?

I'm referring to statements like:

"I don't get along with girls."

"Girls are too catty." / "Girls are too dramatic."

"I don't like girls."

"Girls are jealous of me."

Tends to irritate the hell out of me. I usually see it as projection.
    ( . )( . )

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

What about, "I tend to have a lot of guy friends."? Or "I'm just one of the guys."?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    What about, "I tend to have a lot of guy friends."? Or "I'm just one of the guys."?
    Those comments make me suspicious too, but it would depend on the type of girl who is saying them. For instance, if my friend were a tom boy and said that, I wouldn't think she was a woman-hater.

Edit: Necessarily.
    ( . )( . )

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

I used to think like that until I realized that it wasn't really true I just hated a certain type of woman. The type of woman most prevalent in TV, movies, books ect. As I became less anti-social (and moved to a much different area culturally) I realized that it wasn't really "women" I disliked more just the people and environment i had been around. I know quite a few women now who I really like. All women are different.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I used to think like that until I realized that it wasn't really true I just hated a certain type of woman. The type of woman most prevalent in TV, movies, books ect. As I became less anti-social (and moved to a much different area culturally) I realized that it wasn't really "women" I disliked more just the people and environment i had been around. I know quite a few women now who I really like. All women are different.
    I am also guilty of thinking like that, when I was younger. Then I realized I was just weird and didn't get along with most men, either. And to be honest, cool women intimidate me more, so I tend to be more shy with them than with men. Therefore, more male friends.
    ( . )( . )

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I am also guilty of thinking like that, when I was younger. Then I realized I was just weird and didn't get along with most men, either. And to be honest, cool women intimidate me more, so I tend to be more shy with them than with men. Therefore, more male friends.
    Yeah I agree I'm more of a misanthrope than a misogynist.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Thoughts?

I'm referring to statements like:

"I don't get along with girls."

"Girls are too catty." / "Girls are too dramatic."

"I don't like girls."

"Girls are jealous of me."

Tends to irritate the hell out of me. I usually see it as projection.
    Most times, it is projection. I just let it go. It's their insecurity. Not my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Being something of a tomboy myself [having been mistaken for an INTP &/or male here & in Ventrilo], I don't always see this as projection. I can see very easily how this can be genuine. I moved a lot growing up, and my brother was my best friend. His friends were my friends, and naturally, I feel like I make friends more easily with males, like on some level relate to them better. This isn't universal, as I do have female friends - one of my closest friends is an INTP female. But overall, my other close friends have always happened to be male. Hard to articulate the feeling. And while I make jokes that I'm a 12yr old boy inside, I do realize I'm not ''one of the guys,'' and despite my conditioning and exposure, I am neurologically & anatomically different from males, and I am aware of this..

It's almost like I forget about gender entirely when I just connect with a friend.. it's just not a factor, I guess?

@Wolfie has it right.. it really depends on the person saying it. I give the benefit of the doubt because I figure I can't be the only weirdo chick in the world who happens to relate more readily to males.. I'm no snowflake. I become suspicious if those words ''i have a lot of guy friends'' - ''i'm just one of the guys'' are followed by incessant bitching about their own gender. It's just dumb, and they more than likely don't get along more easily with males than they do females.. they probably have trouble getting along with everyone, on some level, because they project their insecurity onto others, and express needless animosity toward total strangers.

Misogynistic humor cracks me up, though. Especially around militant feminists.
    Blame my xstp shadow.. it's an evil little troll.

I'll stop rambling here.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Most times, it is projection. I just let it go. It's their insecurity. Not my problem.

Being something of a tomboy myself [having been mistaken for an INTP &/or male here & in Ventrilo], I don't always see this as projection. I can see very easily how this can be genuine. I moved a lot growing up, and my brother was my best friend. His friends were my friends, and naturally, I feel like I make friends more easily with males, like on some level relate to them better. This isn't universal, as I do have female friends - one of my closest friends is an INTP female. But overall, my other close friends have always happened to be male. Hard to articulate the feeling. And while I make jokes that I'm a 12yr old boy inside, I do realize I'm not ''one of the guys,'' and despite my conditioning and exposure, I am neurologically & anatomically different from males, and I am aware of this..

It's almost like I forget about gender entirely when I just connect with a friend.. it's just not a factor, I guess?

@Wolfie has it right.. it really depends on the person saying it. I give the benefit of the doubt because I figure I can't be the only weirdo chick in the world who happens to relate more readily with males.. I'm no snowflake. I become suspicious if those words ''i have a lot of guy friends'' - ''i'm just one of the guys'' are followed by incessant bitching about their own gender. It's just dumb, and they more than likely don't get along more easily with males than they do females.. they probably have trouble getting along with everyone, on some level, because they project their insecurity onto others, and express needless animosity toward total strangers.

Misogynistic humor cracks me up, though. Especially around militant feminists.
    Blame my xstp shadow.. it's an evil little troll.

I'll stop rambling here.

reminds be of a concert I went to. It was a local indie/pop/punk band who are know for outrageous stage antics and colorful mini shorts. I was there to see them but it was like a campus feminist event. Anyways the frontman, in an attempt to get a college crowded hyped, introduced one of the songs with the words "Ahlll right now everbody. This next song gets the bitches excited!!!". I don't think he meant any harm but the crowd went nuts (in a bad way) and I laughed long. and. hard.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

reminds be of a concert I went to. It was a local indie/pop/punk band who are know for outrageous stage antics and colorful mini shorts. I was there to see them but it was like a campus feminist event. Anyways the frontman, in an attempt to get a college crowded hyped, introduced one of the songs with the words "Ahlll right now everbody. This next song gets the bitches excited!!!". I don't think he meant any harm but the crowd went nuts (in a bad way) and I laughed long. and. hard.

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I used to think like that until I realized that it wasn't really true I just hated a certain type of woman.
    Yeah, it took me until university (maybe even grad school) to find women that I actually related to in any way. Even to this day I don't have any very close female friends - haven't met anyone female that I've been comfortable enough with to really connect, I guess. I do have a fair number of regular friends and acquaintances who are female, though.

I'm not really sure why. I don't hate women at all, I just don't fit in well with the "girlfriends" dynamic. I vastly prefer the "bros" dynamic, or as close to it as my male friends will allow.
    -end of thread-