User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default being controlled

do you hate it? are you controlling?

I hate it, if someone tries to control me i'll rebel, and lose all my respect for them. and than the site some bs saying it's to protect me. No, you're just being a bitch, go away.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I don't like to control other people. It's much more effort than I want to expend. This doesn't mean I don't like to control situations in my life or that impact me. I do and will and probably don't like to relinquish control at all if I don't have to. However, this is exhausting and was a very attractive feature about my husband. I can hand off control of things to him,although it took time for me to be comfortable with that. No one tries to control me.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Im controlled all the time.

Who needs a rack when you can get a man to build his own rack of the mind and stretch himself.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

letting someone else be in control can be kinda liberating. but i don't like it when i can't do things i want to do or am being forced to do things i don't want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I don't like to control other people. It's much more effort than I want to expend. This doesn't mean I don't like to control situations in my life or that impact me. I do and will and probably don't like to relinquish control at all if I don't have to. However, this is exhausting and was a very attractive feature about my husband. I can hand off control of things to him,although it took time for me to be comfortable with that. No one tries to control me.
    Is that a red whip in your avatar? So maybe in special moments you like to control other people? hm hm hmmmm.

Master-slave relationships can be devastating to both parties, on the other hand I do think there's a reasonable amount of controlling behaviour can be excused in terms of protective measures.

I dont ignore diversion signs or flood notices or police redirection for instance. A lot of the time its not simply a matter of inconveniencing or power tripping others, I've known more grief and much, much more trouble to stem from a lack of leadership or direction instead, usually it goes on for long enough for the wrong people to step up to the plate for the wrong reasons and then you have insane control issues and bs.

To be honest the things which will control you the most throughout your life are your health or personal choices and the consequences, they will control you if you do not control them.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't tend to be controlling and can be the other extreme promoting free-spiritedness. I do not enjoy being controlled, but can cooperate within a wide range of behaviors when I can understand what is going on.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

garbage

I hate feeling stifled or controlled. But I admit that I'll seize control (of myself, a situation, sometimes even other people) if it means avoiding being controlled. I'd rather be 'on top of' life than the other way around.

Oh, and
    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    To be honest the things which will control you the most throughout your life are your health or personal choices and the consequences, they will control you if you do not control them.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i hate being controlled, most annoying thing people can try to do to me. neither do i like to control people. i often decide not to do something that would even remotely count as being controlling, even if i would benefit from it greatly and no one would be harmed. it just feels so wrong that its like selling your soul to satan.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I fight against being controlled. I never thought of myself as controlling. I admit to having a "somebody's got to be in charge and get stuff done 'round here" attitude. It might be defined as a little controlling.