• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

being controlled

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
do you hate it? are you controlling?

I hate it, if someone tries to control me i'll rebel, and lose all my respect for them. and than the site some bs saying it's to protect me. No, you're just being a bitch, go away.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I don't like to control other people. It's much more effort than I want to expend. This doesn't mean I don't like to control situations in my life or that impact me. I do and will and probably don't like to relinquish control at all if I don't have to. However, this is exhausting and was a very attractive feature about my husband. I can hand off control of things to him,although it took time for me to be comfortable with that. No one tries to control me.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Im controlled all the time.

Who needs a rack when you can get a man to build his own rack of the mind and stretch himself.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
letting someone else be in control can be kinda liberating. but i don't like it when i can't do things i want to do or am being forced to do things i don't want to do.

Little_Sticks

I don't like to control other people. It's much more effort than I want to expend. This doesn't mean I don't like to control situations in my life or that impact me. I do and will and probably don't like to relinquish control at all if I don't have to. However, this is exhausting and was a very attractive feature about my husband. I can hand off control of things to him,although it took time for me to be comfortable with that. No one tries to control me.

Is that a red whip in your avatar? So maybe in special moments you like to control other people? hm hm hmmmm. :)

Lark

Master-slave relationships can be devastating to both parties, on the other hand I do think there's a reasonable amount of controlling behaviour can be excused in terms of protective measures.

I dont ignore diversion signs or flood notices or police redirection for instance. A lot of the time its not simply a matter of inconveniencing or power tripping others, I've known more grief and much, much more trouble to stem from a lack of leadership or direction instead, usually it goes on for long enough for the wrong people to step up to the plate for the wrong reasons and then you have insane control issues and bs.

To be honest the things which will control you the most throughout your life are your health or personal choices and the consequences, they will control you if you do not control them.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't tend to be controlling and can be the other extreme promoting free-spiritedness. I do not enjoy being controlled, but can cooperate within a wide range of behaviors when I can understand what is going on.

G

garbage

I hate feeling stifled or controlled. But I admit that I'll seize control (of myself, a situation, sometimes even other people) if it means avoiding being controlled. I'd rather be 'on top of' life than the other way around.

Oh, and
To be honest the things which will control you the most throughout your life are your health or personal choices and the consequences, they will control you if you do not control them.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i hate being controlled, most annoying thing people can try to do to me. neither do i like to control people. i often decide not to do something that would even remotely count as being controlling, even if i would benefit from it greatly and no one would be harmed. it just feels so wrong that its like selling your soul to satan.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I fight against being controlled. I never thought of myself as controlling. I admit to having a "somebody's got to be in charge and get stuff done 'round here" attitude. It might be defined as a little controlling.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I admit to having a "somebody's got to be in charge and get stuff done 'round here" attitude. It might be defined as a little controlling.

me too, but only if the situation requires and/or there isnt anyone trust worthy to lead. i dont see it as being controlling of people, but of the situation and i think the topic is about being controlling of people

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you don't like being controlled then you will hate low level ESTJs and especially low level ENTJs though at high levels they should be pretty chill.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like being controlled.

By someone who can control me.

:drool:

Tho that doesn't hardly ever happen. :c

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Only if I think it's right that a particular force/person controls me, do I allow them to control me. Otherwise, I deny their legitimacy, and I fight against them.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Its amusing when people try to control me when they don't have the slightest modicum of discipline, concerning themselves. With that said, I like it when someone feels slightly superior than me, because my love his evoked and my interest is held when this occurs. I'm a lot to handle, and if someone can handle it, I find it arousing.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
There are different types of control. I didn't like it when i was in an abusive relationship and my ex controlled every part of my life (including not letting me know my password for my own email account and logging in for me). But i liked it when i was with my ISTJ and he controlled the boring and mundane (to me) aspects of life. Like making sure bills were paid on time, and the garbage was out and printing 3 copies of our holiday itinerary.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I fight against being controlled. I never thought of myself as controlling. I admit to having a "somebody's got to be in charge and get stuff done 'round here" attitude. It might be defined as a little controlling.

When that comes up I say - I don't see anyone else jumping up to do stuff so just sit there and be helpless. Do what you excel at.

That's probably a little controlling and asshole-ish but by that time I don't even care.