• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Quotidian and the Creative

Mole

Permabanned
The quotidian is the everyday, that which we take for granted, ordered by manners, mores and language.

While the creative is fresh, original and new, ordered internally, self ordering, leaving the taken for granted behind to find ecstasy.

The problem is that the quotidian and the creative are mutually exclusive. We can be quotidian but not creative, or creative but not quotidian.

We try to solve this insoluble problem by:
- helping people
- making them laugh
- political activism
- withdrawing from the world
- suppressing either the creative or the quotidian

These are brave attempts but none of them solves the problem.

Most of us are taught from an early age to suppress the creative in the interests of being in control of the quotidian world. And it works. But the time we graduate, we are in control and we are all set for a life of quiet desperation.

I don't know what the solution is but I look to my feet and call my left foot creative and by right foot quotidian and watch what they do.

I notice my left foot takes a step while my right foot remains still. Then I see my right foot take a step while my left foot remains still.

Are my left foot and my right foot trying to tell me something?

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
2lurku8.jpg