User Tag List

12 Last

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

i picked up the book today at the library, i am currently on page 34. =)
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

I ordered mine on Amazon. It seemed like one I would want to keep.

Do you think everyone will get it by the start of June?

Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

well i guess it depends, if not i guess it will just be you and i discussing the book! haha
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INFP

I borrowed this before but only read part of it. It's not bad but I was too busy to read it. There were a few interesting points, but there's a lot to go through. Maybe I should pick it up again?

Sure.

It is the book that best explains the ideas behind the current state of American psychotherapy (and possibly the west in general).

The ideas of self-psychology (self-esteem, self-actualization, self-<>) are espoused in this book. Maslow and other humanist/existentialist psychologists are who Rogers identified with.

Whether or not you agree with him, the influence of Rogers on the U.S. in particular is clear.

Robot Fusion

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Finances are low but I will look around for it (libe or cheap online).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I've found being a community borrower at the local University gives me access to a lot more books than I would have had otherwise.

Perhaps there is a University near by?

Robot Fusion

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I've found being a community borrower at the local University gives me access to a lot more books than I would have had otherwise. Perhaps there is a University near by?
    hmm.... no big U but there's local community colleges that are popular, that might be an idea.

(We have little branch libraries but the selection is a little sporadic.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    hmm.... no big U but there's local community colleges that are popular, that might be an idea.

(We have little branch libraries but the selection is a little sporadic.)
    Our city library system is connected to many other community and college libraries. Maybe yours is, too. Our borrowing system is called Link+.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.