• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Repressing unconditional delight

Mole

Permabanned
I have two modes - the first is in control and in the second I listen to myself without control.

Listening to myself without control is the most enlivening. It is also the most scary, at least at first.

As I pass from my controlling psyche to my unconditional listening psyche, I warn myself that I am possibly passing into danger. And I warn myself, it seems instinctively, by feeling a sharp fear. And my first instinct is to avoid the fear - but I am led on by the delight of listening to myself unconditionally.

What I have discovered is that when I speak in this unconditional way to others, it is seen as out of control, and perhaps not making sense, and perhaps a little frightening, and even a little threatening. And of course unconditional listening is an implied threat to control and so it is instinctively repressed.

We have all seen on the news that rioting pussies (from Pussy Riot) are repressed and are so dangerous they must be put in jail.

And in the same way, our unconditional self is seen as such a threat to control that it must be repressed.

And mbti is just another mechanism of repression.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I wouldn't be so poetic as to call it an unconditional delight, or out of control, or frightening. You aren't particularly out of control nor frightening.

I can sum this up in four words: you lack a filter.

Mole

Permabanned
Filtering creativity

I wouldn't be so poetic as to call it an unconditional delight, or out of control, or frightening. You aren't particularly out of control nor frightening.

I can sum this up in four words: you lack a filter.

Maxwell Smart (Agent 86) worked for Control to thwart the evil agents of Kaos.

And the show, "Get Smart", is a metaphor for life, where control is constantly fighting chaos.

And the metaphor is the authoritarian metaphor, that can't tell the difference between chaos and creativity, and so fights both indiscriminately, with the best intentions in the world.

We can of course take control of chaos with a filter, but who but a philistine would filter creativity?

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Maxwell Smart (Agent 86) worked for Control to thwart the evil agents of Kaos.

And the show, "Get Smart", is a metaphor for life, where control is constantly fighting chaos.

And the metaphor is the authoritarian metaphor, that can't tell the difference between chaos and creativity, and so fights both indiscriminately, with the best intentions in the world.

We can of course take control of chaos with a filter, but who but a philistine would filter creativity?

No filter = no creativity.
No filter = word vomit.
No filter is something that anyone can blurt out if they feel like it
No filter means not caring what you say
Nonsense can just as easily be propaganda, or harmful.

Mole

Permabanned
No filter = no creativity.
No filter = word vomit.
No filter is something that anyone can blurt out if they feel like it
No filter means not caring what you say
Nonsense can just as easily be propaganda, or harmful.

Au contraire, creativity contains its own internal sense, its own internal structure, and its own internal delight.

Of course the authoritarian can't see inside creativity, and can't tell the difference between creativity and nonsense, and finally, in their blindness, reduce creativity to vomit.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Au contraire, creativity contains its own internal sense, its own internal structure, and its own internal delight.

Of course the authoritarian can't see inside creativity, and can't tell the difference between creativity and nonsense, and finally, in their blindness, reduce creativity to vomit.

Sounds legitimate

Legitimately pretentious.

W

WALMART

you have two modes: cognitive action, and retreat to the dogan.

i believe your dogan is full of twisted statues and chained prisoners.

Mole

Permabanned
you have two modes: cognitive action, and retreat to the dogan.

i believe your dogan is full of twisted statues and chained prisoners.

I understand 'dogan' is a derogatory term for a person who follows the Catholic faith.

There is some truth in this in that I am influenced by the medieval book, "The Cloud of Unknowing", written by the same person who built the medieval cathedrals, namely, Anonynous.

And entering the cloud of unknowing is a precursor to unconditional listening.

W

WALMART

I understand 'dogan' is a derogatory term for a person who follows the Catholic faith.

There is some truth in this in that I am influenced by the medieval book, "The Cloud of Unknowing", written by the same person who built the medieval cathedrals, namely, Anonynous.

And entering the cloud of unknowing is a precursor to unconditional listening.

no, that is not the intent of the word i meant to convey, as true as it may be.

a dogan is the room the mind retreats to when not functionally cognating. it is your internal study, your internal library, the place of quiet (or not so quiet) contemplation.