User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which do you reject the most?

23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Someone forcing me into a physical experience.

17 73.91%
  • Someone forcing me into a change of idea.

6 26.09%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which Do You Reject Most?

I can entertain new ideas and perspectives even if unwanted ones. I'd say in the end it'll depend on the nature of each, but on a more purely raw instinctive side, physical activities are the only ones that can violate my physical integrity, so fuck that.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Senior Member Array Winds of Thor's Avatar
    3w4 sx/so

First, no one has a right to force their opinion on you.

If a dude were to attempt to physically force me to do something, were it not in joking, 'the mouse probably becomes the cat' so to speak. Lol.

Mentally, I feel relaxed about this and, if I'm not bored with their antics I might argue them if I feel big enough of a challenge. Just sayin.

I don't think there's a 'reject one more than the other' thing going on. Rather, it would depend on the challenge vs. the impact.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    4 sx/sp
    INFp None

I feel more confident and at home in the world of ideas, so to entertain a new idea is comfortable and I will change my ideas when confronted with better information. In the past I have been molded into idea systems that I later found to be wrong, and that experience had a more profound effect on me than being coerced into physical experiences I later rejected. Unfamiliar sensory experience can leave me feeling a loss of control. It is hard to vote because more often the coercion into a physical scenario I reject makes me feel an immediate loss of control, but coercion in idea space has a deeper overall effect on my life if it manages to succeed.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY