• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

why is it that people get butthurt and call others trolls

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
when they express an unpopular opinion and people disagree. what is the mechanism behind this. I've seen it happen more than once and it seems to happen more with a certain type, which i'm not going to mention but if you can guess you get nothing but maybe a cookie. I'm really curious as to why people do this.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not sure about specific type but I do think Intuitives do it more (getting butthurt, etc) than Sensors. :D

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Not sure about specific type but I do think Intuitives do it more (getting butthurt, etc) than Sensors. :D

I dunno if this is true, but maybe. all I know is when someone disagrees with me I don't go troll automatically! my thought is usually "meh whatever they disagree with me, that's cool, but i'm still right so it doesn't matter"

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
intuitive read far,far more into things and impose an image that is in their heads on you and create these awesome accusations that sometimes completely blindside you. goodtimes

MBTI Type
INTJ
Just because someone calls another a troll doesn't mean they're butthurt. Trolls are a kind of asshole. If the person in question wasn't trolling on purpose but is still called a troll, maybe they're just a regular asshole instead of a troll-variety asshole.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i hate that term so much. i also hate the term troll.

i don't really know what you're talking about tho so i can't say much more than that.

G

garbage

The thought process behind equating unpopular opinions and trolling is something like, "Surely, this guy can't hold that opinion. He must be trying to bait us."

When, in reality, trolling is all about the nature of the delivery.

R

Riva

I already guessed the type right. I still didn't get the cookie though.

*Waiting*

KDude

i hate that term so much. i also hate the term troll.

i don't really know what you're talking about tho so i can't say much more than that.

Why hate the term Troll? It's appropriate.

Like in fantasy or fables, there's always a troll who stops you at a bridge and complicates/screws up your day.. all for his own amusement. That's all a troll is on the net too.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
trolling.png

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i guess just because i feel like it's overused. i think it's rare people go on forums with the intention of trolling.

idk...maybe i'm just not hip enough on the whole forum dynamic thing to get it

it just seems like people toss that word around when they just don't like someones posts....idk

but....butthurt?? that pains me to even type.

what is purple talking about tho?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i guess just because i feel like it's overused. i think it's rare people go on forums with the intention of trolling.

idk...maybe i'm just not hip enough on the whole forum dynamic thing to get it

it just seems like people toss that word around when they just don't like someones posts....idk

but....butthurt?? that pains me to even type.

what is purple talking about tho?
people who have an opinion than someone else doesn't hold that opinion so than the first person starts calling the second person a troll, merely for disagreeing, no tangible proof

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Just because someone calls another a troll doesn't mean they're butthurt. Trolls are a kind of asshole. If the person in question wasn't trolling on purpose but is still called a troll, maybe they're just a regular asshole instead of a troll-variety asshole.
true, but 9 out of 10 times the person yelling troll is butthurt