User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Huh? Trolls have been a phenomenon even before the internet, on BBS boards. They are an actual reality. It's not some deep psychological issue with the people calling it out. Even trolls will admit they're trolls.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Huh? Trolls have been a phenomenon even before the internet, on BBS boards. They are an actual reality. It's not some deep psychological issue with the people calling it out. Even trolls will admit they're trolls.

I am not arguing that.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Sometimes trolls call other people butthurt. It could get real easy to mix the two situations up.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I am not arguing that.
    I'll leave it at that then. I thought this was a general question about trolls.

MBTI
    yupp

serioulsy people take a reading comprehension class, it astounds me how far off you all are.

i'm not asking what is a troll or what is butthurt,i'm asking why this happens. and no i'm not talking about when someone mistakely calls someone butthurt, i'm talking about when its obvious to everyone that they are.and i'm not talking about when someone is a troll and gets called a troll, i'm talking about when someone calls someone else a troll out of anger. seriously people.and further more calling me a troll because you failed to understand the question isn't cool either.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    ingrouping/outgrouping
    congrats you got it! I like you now
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

"Why" questions are generally difficult. People may just be posting because of some perceived level of relevance.

Thinking someone is a troll may come from disbelief in the sincerity of his/her posts.

These are the only times I suspect that someone is trolling--when I believe their posts aren't sincere.

Sometimes, posts seem to defy common sense. This observation, when combined with a history of posts aimed at eliciting emotional responses rather than stating sincere opinions, can cause me to think someone is trolling.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

You put this in a general psychology discussion, so most are going to assume you meant to address a wider subject about "trolling". Your original post is kind of vague and open ended. Now it sounds like you had something specific in mind, about "in grouping" and someone going against the grain with unpopular opinion.

I can appreciate that subject too, and I agree it's bullshit if someone with a different opinion just gets labeled like that.. but there's no reason to be "astounded" and make insults about people's "reading comprehension". All you have to do is elaborate.

Anew Leaf

This thread is like a chicken and egg mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    There is a phenomenon I've noticed that people will create externally whatever their internal world drives them to believe about reality. People who feel persecuted because of past experiences or because of being instilled with the idea of being victimized, will continually recreate these scenarios externally. I don't feel angry or disrespect for it, but I do realize that the underlying cause is likely coming from some place not immediate visible.
    The irony of this is that the OP heartily endorsed this view, and it's at least equally applicable to the troll who thinks everyone is butthurt because they cry foul.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari