• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

why is it that people get butthurt and call others trolls

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
It's strange that you feel you can diagnose butthurt but others can't diagnose troll.

Why is that?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
It's strange that you feel you can diagnose butthurt but others can't diagnose troll.

Why is that?

because i know what i'm talking about, ask [MENTION=1009]CzeCze[/MENTION]

and I never ever disagreed with any of the definitions for troll in the thread.

I'm ask why, not what

MBTI Type
INTJ

Why is that?

Agreed. I've been thinking about this thread and I've concluded that it's probably easy for a cynic to confuse "butthurt" for a strong sense of fair play.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Why is that?

Trolling is a art. Good trolls ar'nt obvious.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
if you could read my mind, you would realize you're way off base.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
People have answered the question you asked. Or did you mean something else?

It can be a form of control the way any label is used.

My point was the question of you labeling someone's feelings in a rude way ("butthurt") but being confused why someone might label someone acting like a "troll"

xisnotx

Permabanned
I don't know, I think people just ostracize what they aren't comfortable with. Online the term is troll. In school it was geek. In college it's creep. Who know what it will be 10 years from now...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't know, I think people just ostracize what they aren't comfortable with. Online the term is troll. In school it was geek. In college it's creep. Who know what it will be 10 years from now...

i vote zombie's vagina

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
when they express an unpopular opinion and people disagree. what is the mechanism behind this. I've seen it happen more than once and it seems to happen more with a certain type, which i'm not going to mention but if you can guess you get nothing but maybe a cookie. I'm really curious as to why people do this.
There is a phenomenon I've noticed that people will create externally whatever their internal world drives them to believe about reality. People who feel persecuted because of past experiences or because of being instilled with the idea of being victimized, will continually recreate these scenarios externally. I don't feel angry or disrespect for it, but I do realize that the underlying cause is likely coming from some place not immediate visible.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
There is a phenomenon I've noticed that people will create externally whatever their internal world drives them to believe about reality. People who feel persecuted because of past experiences or because of being instilled with the idea of being victimized, will continually recreate these scenarios externally. I don't feel angry or disrespect for it, but I do realize that the underlying cause is likely coming from some place not immediate visible.

first person to actually correctly comprehend the question

KDude

Huh? Trolls have been a phenomenon even before the internet, on BBS boards. They are an actual reality. It's not some deep psychological issue with the people calling it out. Even trolls will admit they're trolls.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Huh? Trolls have been a phenomenon even before the internet, on BBS boards. They are an actual reality. It's not some deep psychological issue with the people calling it out. Even trolls will admit they're trolls.

I am not arguing that.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes trolls call other people butthurt. It could get real easy to mix the two situations up.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
serioulsy people take a reading comprehension class, it astounds me how far off you all are.

i'm not asking what is a troll or what is butthurt,i'm asking why this happens. and no i'm not talking about when someone mistakely calls someone butthurt, i'm talking about when its obvious to everyone that they are.and i'm not talking about when someone is a troll and gets called a troll, i'm talking about when someone calls someone else a troll out of anger. seriously people.and further more calling me a troll because you failed to understand the question isn't cool either.

ygolo

My termites win
"Why" questions are generally difficult. People may just be posting because of some perceived level of relevance.

Thinking someone is a troll may come from disbelief in the sincerity of his/her posts.

These are the only times I suspect that someone is trolling--when I believe their posts aren't sincere.

Sometimes, posts seem to defy common sense. This observation, when combined with a history of posts aimed at eliciting emotional responses rather than stating sincere opinions, can cause me to think someone is trolling.

KDude

You put this in a general psychology discussion, so most are going to assume you meant to address a wider subject about "trolling". Your original post is kind of vague and open ended. Now it sounds like you had something specific in mind, about "in grouping" and someone going against the grain with unpopular opinion.

I can appreciate that subject too, and I agree it's bullshit if someone with a different opinion just gets labeled like that.. but there's no reason to be "astounded" and make insults about people's "reading comprehension". All you have to do is elaborate.

MBTI Type
INTJ

The irony of this is that the OP heartily endorsed this view, and it's at least equally applicable to the troll who thinks everyone is butthurt because they cry foul.