User Tag List

First 123 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    And so one can laser compress an attraction and fade off the others?
    I would guess that transference would be very easy and almost undetectable to the individual. Laser compress? Only if they are subject to more personal problems to solve, I suppose.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I would guess that transference would be very easy and almost undetectable to the individual. Laser compress? Only if they are subject to more personal problems to solve, I suppose.
    If you lost all your preferences except one, and that particular one is inflated to something that becomes the only thing you care about in life it could help in certain situations.

Ginkgo

If you lost all your preferences except one, and that particular one is inflated to something that becomes the only thing you care about in life it could help in certain situations.
    It would help in all situations. If it was only one, then it would be universal. For instance, one might always uphold their ideals in politics, but never believe in the way political agendas are carried out.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

It would help in all situations. If it was only one, then it would be universal. For instance, one might always uphold their ideals in politics, but never believe in the way political agendas are carried out.
    Yes, I imagine practices like hypnosis are supposed to help in these things. I wonder if I can get a hypnotherapist to make me dislike some of the shows I watch.

Ginkgo

Yes, I imagine practices like hypnosis are supposed to help in these things. I wonder if I can get a hypnotherapist to make me dislike some of the shows I watch.
    Start a thread about it.

MBTI
    INFJ

Ah, but do your preferences change as you do so? I imagine we're talking about suddenly liking tomatoes after not liking them beforehand. That change would take its place over a period of time and likely not within the second. Do you hold thought that you can like any object or situation you highly dislike if you work to do so?
    I've had immediate preference changes yes. It's not regular but it happens.

I don't know about gaining a like for any and every situation as a rule. If they mesh up with what you can change then it's probably possible to do all of them, but it all depends.

I think you can always try, and some times it works, and some times it doesn't.

Edit: as an aside I have a personality disorder that can lead to fragmentation and compartmentalizing so that may have something to do with my mysterious abilities to change so quickly. So I might be unusual in that regard.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Start a thread about it.
    Ah, one day ginkgo. I've reached a thread making quota for the month,

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I've had immediate preference changes yes. It's not regular but it happens.

I don't know about gaining a like for any and every situation as a rule. If they mesh up with what you can change then it's probably possible to do all of them, but it all depends.

I think you can always try, and some times it works, and some times it doesn't.
    So many possible ways to get an individual to scope certain goals by increasing and decreasing certain preferences. It would be nice to be able to consciously control.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

@Oakysage that's because 95% of your neurological connections form by age 5
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    @Oakysage that's because 95% of your neurological connections form by age 5
    I'm SO glad my grandparents raised me.

WALMART

If what i perceive of what you state is true,