User Tag List

12 Last

Love and My Deep Inner Self

Sometimes I allow my deep inner self in contact with the world - and it comes as a surprise.

For instance my deep innerself was shocked to see two bicyclists riding on the road. Of course my every day self knows this is a normal and safe activity, but my deep inner self was shocked to see them.

And I know it would be very hard to convey the way my deep inner self saw the cyclists. Perhaps I could say it was like a dream, and the cyclists and the road held special significance - but this would not be true because I was wide awake.

I could put it into words but I know they would be seen as cryptic, as 'not communicating'. I know the words would annoy because they would not be understood - while at the same time expressing my deep inner self.

And yet I am deeply and profoundly in love with my deep inner self - I think we will just go and have a cup of coffee together.

WALMART

Just do it man. Who cares if people like me attempt to shoot down your dreams?

Really I'm just posting here cause tonight I went on a 30 mile bike ride, I don't understand why your deep self was surprised to see cyclists.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

How do they stand the chafing of those lycra shorts they wear?

About as far as my inner self goes really....
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I could put it into words but I know they would be seen as cryptic, as 'not communicating'. I know the words would annoy because they would not be understood - while at the same time expressing my deep inner self.
    Inner self doesn't think or feel in words. Things seem significant and you cannot always explain why or how.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Inner self doesn't think or feel in words. Things seem significant and you cannot always explain why or how.
    well, it was already cryptic. I haven't the faintest idea what the OP means as-is: "I saw two bicyclists along a road and thought... something." Okay.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

... as long as you don't swerve towards them, causing them to crash into the curb and sprain their wrists and bruise up an entire side of their body from flipping over the handlebars...

of course there are always those odd moments where you see something that you've seen a million times and suddenly it's very strange that you've never noticed certain things about it or realized something... like that you're happily maneuvering around the city in a chunk of metal and plastic being propelled by something that might be explosive and think nothing of it
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    well, it was already cryptic. I haven't the faintest idea what the OP means as-is: "I saw two bicyclists along a road and thought... something." Okay.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

yah sometimes the abstract fights with the concrete, it's ok, i often let the abstract have free reign. I will also go have coffee with myself, prehaps even a little hug.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Central is important to me because it contains many who have never explored their inner life and antagonistic to anyone who tries.

This is important to me because normally I avoid such people. But here I take them head on.

And not only do I take them head on but I manage to remain in touch with my inner self at the same time.

I know where this is leading me. It is leading me here -

Barbarians

Long after the days and the seasons, and the beings and the countries,

The pennant of bloody meat against the silk of arctic seas and flowers; (they don't exist.)
    Recovered from old fanfares of heroism—which still attack our hearts and heads—far from the ancient assassins—
    Oh! The pennant of bloody meat against the silk of arctic seas and flowers; (they don't exist)
    Sweetness!
    Live coals raining down gusts of frost,—Sweetness!—those flashes in the rain of the wind of diamonds thrown down by the terrestrial heart eternally charred for us.—O world!—
    (Far from the old refuges and the old fires that we can hear, can smell,)
    The live coals and the foam. Music, wheeling of abysses and shock of ice floes against the stars.
    O Sweetness, O world, O music! And there, shapes, sweat, tresses and eyes, floating. And the white, boiling tears,—O sweetness!—and the voice of woman reaching to the depths of the arctic volcanoes and caverns.
    The pennant .....

This is the perfect expression of the inner life and is addressed to you.

But after writing this poem the poet knew the barbarians had defeated him and he never wrote another poem. He gave up poetry entirely, he gave up his life, and went to sell arms to the arabs.

But you haven't defeated me even after 10,000 posts, and you may well hate your inner life but remember, your inner life hates you.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What was your deep inner self shocked about? You have secret fear of road cycling accidents? I know I only like to ride bikes around neighborhoods where there isn't a lot of traffic or on trails or on the beach, I personally don't think it's all that safe to ride a bike in traffic, on heavily traveled roads.

Is this what you're saying, or is it something symbolic that has nothing to do with anything I'm saying about possibly exaggerated though rational fears?