• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is there ANYTHING that everyone can agree on?

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Murder is wrong? In some instances it's justifiable.

The earth is round? I'm sure there are still some flat-earthers out there somewhere.

1+1=2? I'm sure there must be someone out there who won't agree with this.

So, is there anything that everyone can agree on?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1 + 1 = 2 only is true if many underpinning axioms are taken as true. The universe is like a web where SOME people agree on the actuality of events but not their interpretation. Many disagree about the occurance of the events themselves however (with varying degrees of direct or indirect evidence for their claims). I think truth is often found at the interstices of where these matrices overlap. However, that is just a "rule of thumb" if you will. So no, unfortunately no one truly agrees about anything with everyone else in the world. That's a good thing! Reality really is that fucking complex and when you ignore signals from your environment to only tune in on particular ones you may focus in on them in a more... translateable manner, but really that's boring and untimately untrue because no other set of sensors in the universe is going to pick up on the same holistic information field that you will.

A

Anew Leaf

Murder is wrong? In some instances it's justifiable.

The earth is round? I'm sure there are still some flat-earthers out there somewhere.

1+1=2? I'm sure there must be someone out there who won't agree with this.

So, is there anything that everyone can agree on?

I think we can all agree that there is nothing everyone will agree on.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think we can all agree that there is nothing everyone will agree on.

I disagree with that. There surely is something, I just haven't thought of it yet. Haha, I showed you.. wait...

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think there is anything. You can be come pretty darn close to 100% on some things but never exactly 100%

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
LARK IS AWESOME AND SHOULD LEAD US ALL.

Agreed, shame it's not practical or feasable though. So we'll just have to settle for the ideal in itself.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
The sky is bl- oh, wait. Freakin' colorblind people.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All men are mortal.
*wins thread*
*self high five*
:bye:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All men are mortal.
*wins thread*
*self high five*
:bye:

Try explaining that to the various Theists that believe in examples pointing to the contrary.
Hi, welcome back, try again. :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Most people will agree that their way is the right way.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most people will agree that their way is the right way.

Better. But yes, indeed, most but not all. Not everyone is that confident. Like me. :(

Although I believe my way is the best I can to my ability, I can not say with confidence it is the right way. :(

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Try explaining that to the various Theists that believe in examples pointing to the contrary.
Hi, welcome back, try again. :D
:tongue10: They still know they die. What happens after is another thing. :cheese:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:tongue10: They still know they die. What happens after is another thing. :cheese:

Hmm, so more like: All men are born as mortals. I currently can not think of any example of a group or movement that would believe otherwise. I think that may very well be something everyone can agree with!

My apologies for my short-sightedness. :D

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm, so more like: All men are born as mortals. I currently can not think of any example of a group or movement that would believe otherwise.

[MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION]
Perhaps those who believe in the Rapture?
"The rapture is an instantaneous event wherein our earthly bodies are transformed into heavenly ones at the moment of our departure. (1Cor. 15:51-53) We don’t discard them, so as far as the people left behind know we’ve simply vanished into thin air. "

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"The rapture is an instantaneous event wherein our earthly bodies are transformed into heavenly ones at the moment of our departure. (1Cor. 15:51-53) We don’t discard them, so as far as the people left behind know we’ve simply vanished into thin air. "

:dry:

Back to the drawing board.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Water is necessary for human life. (Though it occurs to me that someone could, theoretically, believe that water is unnecessary yet continue to drink it because they choose to, rather than because they believe it keeps them alive... making them a hypocrite or at the very least ignorant, but... damn.)

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:mad:
:uwin:

How about "I wouldn't believe I'm the dumbest person in the world. There is at least one person dumber than me!".
I think I'm right, but that's hard to prove. :thinking: