User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 170

  1. #81
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    yeah it depends on a lot: my emotional state, the person yelling, what i'm being yelled at about, etc.

    sometimes i cry and shut down, sometimes i go kinda stoic and just take it and apologize, sometimes i go stoic and then say something back to them, and sometimes i yell back and get defensive.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,499

    Default

    I listen, analyze what's said. If the cause is my fault I apologize, if not I just give them a look like they lost there mind and walk off. I don't get yelled at much. I don't know if i just intimidate people or what. People tend to back down as if I will kill them or something. It's wierd
    Im out, its been fun

  3. #83
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni
    Posts
    4,185

    Default

    No sense in trying to reason with them. I wait until later and clarify.

    When I listen, I'll take about 25% of what they say into account. The other 75% is hyperbole.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    No sense in trying to reason with them. I wait until later and clarify.

    When I listen, I'll take about 25% of what they say into account. The other 75% is hyperbole.
    How do you differentiate between the 25% and 75%? What's hyperbole and what's not
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

  5. #85
    You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si
    Posts
    2,624

    Default

    Most of the time? I start crying and try to find a place to hide. Sometimes I yell back if it's righteous anger.
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life
    .

    Mercury - Sleeping At Last

    3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1

  6. #86

    Default

    I can't recall anyone ever yelling at me...

  7. #87
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,480

    Default

    I don't what the deal is with Oakland, but some morons have nothing better to do than wait for you to walk/ride by closely and just shout at you to see if they can get a reaction. Last week somebody rollerbladed by me and yelled 'Boo!' I don't start easily, I level a mildly disapproving look at them and keep walking.

  8. #88
    Senior Member evilrubberduckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Depending on the person.

    I laugh
    I yell back
    Or I cry.

    Never passive though
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran


    What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari

  9. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I can't recall anyone ever yelling at me...
    Perhaps they see you and think, "that guy looks like he could kick my ass. Better not yell at him."
    Likes Hawthorne, wolfy liked this post

  10. #90
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni
    Posts
    4,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    How do you differentiate between the 25% and 75%? What's hyperbole and what's not
    Huh, this is actually a tough one. I guess it's on a case-by-case basis and/or gut feeling.

    When people yell, they're usually exaggerating for effect whether they know it or not. That's a good way to ward off some perceived threat or otherwise get what you want through sheer force.

    In many cases they're giving you some actual facts, but the degree is way off. "I feel that you--" becomes "YOU ALWAYS--". And if their information is incomplete, they'll fill it in a way that strengthens their "case." And they'll twist the information they do have around. And they'll shut out any outside input.

    They're less prone to doing all of that if they're calmed down.

Similar Threads

  1. How do you react when meeting the same MBTI type as you ?
    By RedAmazoneFriendZone in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-18-2016, 11:47 AM
  2. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-15-2016, 04:55 AM
  3. [ENTJ] ENTJs: When you really like someone, how do you express it?
    By Quay in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 04:36 AM
  4. [SP] How do you react when someone pisses you off?
    By Dali in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO