User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 170

  1. #11
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Nobody ever yelled at me. Could be the huge knife I am carrieing. So often I am hoping someone would start to yell in an arguement, to give me a reason. I'ld like to cut something else except tomatoes with my knife
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    I would probably just close off and go into polite mode and try to defuse the situation, I don't think I would yell back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I tend to emotionally detach as a protective response, likely from my upbringing. I see someone losing control over their behavior due to their own emotional responses, and I know nothing will get solved if everyone's losing their shit....I seriously see no reason to YELL about anything. It's just an assault on everyone around you, and in of itself resolves nothing.
    That's my general response. My ENTJ step-father would yell at me all the time in an attempt to assert his dominance/get me to do shit back in the day and I simply had no patience for that kind of thing. Still don't. If you want to get your point across to me, there is no good reason to yell.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Nobody ever yelled at me. Could be the huge knife I am carrieing. So often I am hoping someone would start to yell in an arguement, to give me a reason. I'ld like to cut something else except tomatoes with my knife
    Hehe...we've got ourselves a regular Teddy Roosevelt over here.

  4. #14
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Depends on if all their yelling pissed me off. I might yell back but most likely I would tell them to shut the fuck up and talk to me like a normal person or get the fuck out of my face.

    At work I wouldn't yell back... I've had this happen at work and I just had to tell them to stop yelling if they wanted me to listen. And then explain to them how ridiculous their reaction was. And this one guy was yelling at me so loud it caused such a scene and he had his little boy with him!! I made sure to embarrass him for behaving that way in front of his son and for reacting that way at all about something as minor as photography. Every time he would begin yelling again. I'd calmly say you're yelling again. Okay stop yelling. I will call security if you don't control yourself. Sir you are embrassing yourself. If youll stop yelling for a min. I would be happy to resolve this for you but If you can't I will have you escorted out.

    People got serious issues. I can't imagine flipping my shit over such petty things.

    We should all take siestas. For real the world needs to relax.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  5. #15
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Hehe...we've got ourselves a regular Teddy Roosevelt over here.
    Something Frank Sinatra once said, immediately popped into my mind when reading @entropie's post, & your response-

    ''Oh, I just wish someone would try to hurt you so I could kill them for you.''
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  6. #16
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Depends on if all their yelling pissed me off. I might yell back but most likely I would tell them to shut the fuck up and talk to me like a normal person or get the fuck out of my face.

    At work I wouldn't yell back... I've had this happen at work and I just had to tell them to stop yelling if they wanted me to listen. And then explain to them how ridiculous their reaction was. And this one guy was yelling at me so loud it caused such a scene and he had his little boy with him!! I made sure to embarrass him for behaving that way in front of his son and for reacting that way at all about something as minor as photography. Every time he would begin yelling again. I'd calmly say you're yelling again. Okay stop yelling. I will call security if you don't control yourself. Sir you are embrassing yourself. If youll stop yelling for a min. I would be happy to resolve this for you but If you can't I will have you escorted out.

    People got serious issues. I can't imagine flipping my shit over such petty things.

    We should all take siestas. For real the world needs to relax.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsIZ69msvOQ"]Relevant[/YOUTUBE]
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  7. #17
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsIZ69msvOQ"]Relevant[/YOUTUBE]
    That was so long!? Why!!!??

    I kinda liked it tho
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  8. #18
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    I emotionally detach as well. All my energy goes into trying not to cry or show how affected I am--I bottle up and suppress my emotions so I can deal with them later when it's safe to do so, when I'm alone. I might be so busy with that that I don't have enough mental processing power available to react or interpret what's happening. The whole situation somehow doesn't feel real to me, like it's some lost chapter of my life that doesn't seem to belong with the rest of the book.

  9. #19
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,732

    Default

    I don't like yelling - doing it or hearing it. It gives me a headache. That said, I would likely ignore everything they were yelling about unless they got in my personal space.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  10. #20
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    do you freeze, do you yell back, what do you do?
    I freeze, unable to do anything, and than I cry- I wish i would stop this, but no matter how hard i try this is what happens.
    I give them an amused look like "are you serious? you have the self control of an angry teenager" and do a cocky, James Bond-esque chuckle. if they persist, I will go more stern and reprimanding of their childish and belligerent behavior. my parents tell me I am extremely patronizing if they ever attempt to scream at me
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Similar Threads

  1. How do you react when meeting the same MBTI type as you ?
    By RedAmazoneFriendZone in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-18-2016, 11:47 AM
  2. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-15-2016, 04:55 AM
  3. [ENTJ] ENTJs: When you really like someone, how do you express it?
    By Quay in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 04:36 AM
  4. [SP] How do you react when someone pisses you off?
    By Dali in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO