User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by xxEnoMorph View Post
    Something like that.

The only negative scenario that can come out is the person in question is wrong but the userbase is still not capable of proving it. In that situation it's the userbase's fault and not the theory. Either way the person ends up leaving with an idea the idea is wrong. If he's wrong then at least he's not stuck around a userbase that doesn't understand it.
    This is true, and useful for somebody who is willing to actually allow for new information. I just see a lot of people with the same idea who's valuation of truth is who has the last comeback or who is more stubborn. Those guys stick around a lot longer and rile people up on the forums more than people with a more objective goal. They don't leave.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    This is true, and useful for somebody who is willing to actually allow for new information. I just see a lot of people with the same idea who's valuation of truth is who has the last comeback or who is more stubborn. Those guys stick around a lot longer and rile people up on the forums more than people with a more objective goal. They don't leave.
    HELLO THAR!!

Dont worry I just though you were describing me.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Do you talk this way in real life? That would be interesting to see.

The world needs a bit more verbal poetry.
    The content of any medium is the previous medium. So, for instance, the content of movies is theatre.

And so the content of the internet is real life.

The content of the book is speech. And now the content of the internet is the book.

Just look - the book consists of print, while the internet consists of electronic print.

And so the content of the internet is real life.

Real life has not gone away, it has been transformed by the internet.

And just as real life has been transformed by the internet, so are we transformed by the internet.

The internet distracts our mind, numbs us, so the internet can transform our senses.

For instance, the book transformed our senses by privileging the eye, and gave us for instance, perspective, while the internet to our surprise democratises all the senses.

We lie here on the table of the internet, anaesthetised, while our senses are operated on, unbeknownst to us.

We are becoming new creatures while our minds are distracted by the myriad topics on the forums.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, but how many times do you need to hear the same possibility screamed at you in every thread you go into, even if the thread is not about typology, and not really tailored to the discussion in question so that it integrates rationally into it? For a period of literally a few years? What if it was someone who constantly yelled, "Red meat will lead to heart attacks!!" in any thread regardless of the topic? The point might be generally true and not a bad thing to consider, but does that change the fact how ridiculous and pointless the delivery might be?

I'm not a moron; tell me once or twice, and I'll work the idea into my thinking, if it makes sense. More than that, it just becomes white noise and headache-inducing.
    This.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

HELLO THAR!!

Dont worry I just though you were describing me.
    Hah. No, I guess I haven't noticed that you were on some sort of mission. Should I have been describing you?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Hah. No, I guess I haven't noticed that you were on some sort of mission. Should I have been describing you?
    I think I have that stubborn thing though.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.