• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Makes Someone Truly Charismatic?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What is this dark triad you speak of?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting. So Putin puts a lot of work into PR to build an image of being a rugged man's man. It sounds like that army of women ripping clothes off may have been some sort of clever marketing scheme as well, but I can't tell for sure. Either way, it seems very likely that Putin is putting deliberate effort into building an image as a sex symbol. Combine that with his naturally dominant and aggressive political style, and then notice that he'll occasionally do things on the polar opposite site of the spectrum (such as singing Blueberry Hill to a bunch of Hollywood celebrities), and you got yourself a pretty intriguing guy.

Honestly, Obama is a bit one-note in comparison. Obama has no sexual edge in his image - even compared to Clinton.

What is this dark triad you speak of?

Narcissism, Machiavellianism and psychopathy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_triad

In other words, jerks. Research suggests that with at least younger, college age students, guys that display dark triad traits have a higher sexual partner count. Also, women looking for short term sexual relationships will favor the dark triad guys.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
interesting/weird. think i know someone like that :/

Darya

Enneagram
4w5
Do you guys think Obama is 3W5? ( sorry its not a respond to the thread):blush:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ah, okay. Sarcasm / Facetiousness isn't always clear on these interweb page thingies.

Anyway, that Dark Triad thing won't explain 100% of the people that are attracted to him. I just figured it was good enough to cover a healthy bulk of em. Something else worth mentioning is that Putin is far more dominant than Obama. Putin carries himself with very alpha-like body language; Obama lets his wife openly disrespect him in public and can be a bit awkward at times. If a woman disrespected Putin in public she'd be likely to mysteriously disappear the next day. Putin isn't afraid of using force and intimidation when called for, whereas Obama prefers to use compromise and skillful juggling of interpersonal dynamics.

Or just have her apartment ransacked.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Interesting. So Putin puts a lot of work into PR to build an image of being a rugged man's man. It sounds like that army of women ripping clothes off may have been some sort of clever marketing scheme as well, but I can't tell for sure. Either way, it seems very likely that Putin is putting deliberate effort into building an image as a sex symbol. Combine that with his naturally dominant and aggressive political style, and then notice that he'll occasionally do things on the polar opposite site of the spectrum (such as singing Blueberry Hill to a bunch of Hollywood celebrities), and you got yourself a pretty intriguing guy.

Personally I like his intensity and his intelligence, combined with his pretty face. Maybe I'd like Obama more if he had more conviction, but I got a rep from someone saying that there were women who had sexual dreams about Obama in large reported numbers after he was elected, so I could be way off base, I think I am definitely going to chalk this up to that the kind of woman who prefers a man like Obama may not be as open or assertive about her attraction to him, she may be more private about such things, or even embarrassed.

Who knows.

Also, Obama doesn't seem as multifaceted, despite his kind of over-accomodating diplomacy, he doesn't seem to have a broad span in his persona, it's pretty straight forward "nice guy."

Honestly, Obama is a bit one-note in comparison. Obama has no sexual edge in his image - even compared to Clinton.

Yes.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Narcissism, Machiavellianism and psychopathy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_triad

In other words, jerks. Research suggests that with at least younger, college age students, guys that display dark triad traits have a higher sexual partner count. Also, women looking for short term sexual relationships will favor the dark triad guys.

Hmm, I think actually there are women who are seeking long-term marriages - even marriages that are largely social and for show - who do seek these kind of men. They just tend to have a more fascist morality themselves, or something. If this wasn't so, these kind of powerful world leaders and the corrupt CEOs of large multinational corporations wouldn't have wives.

For example on another forum, I encountered a 21 year old virgin, who is also extremely racist, homophobic, elitist, and fascist in her belief system, who said she is "saving herself" for an older, wealthy man who "conquers her."

Later posts indicated this woman isn't very sexual, that she looks down on people who value sex, and that she would even think a boring or frigid sex life would be preferable if she could snag this sort of man.

I'm guessing xSFJ for her. Also an American citizen, though her parents appear to be European. Definitely not the sort of girl looking for short-term sexual relationships. :coffee:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Personally I like his intensity and his intelligence, combined with his pretty face. Maybe I'd like Obama more if he had more conviction, but I got a rep from someone saying that there were women who had sexual dreams about Obama in large reported numbers after he was elected, so I could be way off base, I think I am definitely going to chalk this up to that the kind of woman who prefers a man like Obama may not be as open or assertive about her attraction to him, she may be more private about such things, or even embarrassed.

I agree with much of that, but I wouldn't underestimate the importance of a marketing campaign that encourages young women to rip their clothes off in support of the President. Not that the US could handle such a "women for Obama army". Can you imagine the fallout of a bunch of (white) young women throwing themselves at our (black) President? Oy.

Hmm, I think actually there are women who are seeking long-term marriages - even marriages that are largely social and for show - who do seek these kind of men. They just tend to have a more fascist morality themselves, or something. If this wasn't so, these kind of powerful world leaders and the corrupt CEOs of large multinational corporations wouldn't have wives.

I definitely agree that there are women seeking long-term marriages that favor these dark triad males. No doubt. And honestly, not all of them are status seekers looking for powerful, dominant men. Some of them are looking for love, and prioritize the sexual excitement and passion (and unpredictability) the dark triad brings when searching for a partner. I've known some otherwise very sweet women that do this.

For example on another forum, I encountered a 21 year old virgin, who is also extremely racist, homophobic, elitist, and fascist in her belief system, who said she is "saving herself" for an older, wealthy man who "conquers her."

Later posts indicated this woman isn't very sexual, that she looks down on people who value sex, and that she would even think a boring or frigid sex life would be preferable if she could snag this sort of man.

I'm guessing xSFJ for her. Also an American citizen, though her parents appear to be European. Definitely not the sort of girl looking for short-term sexual relationships. :coffee:

Wow, she sounds like a real catch. She doesn't really sound like a girl that's looking for a sexual relationship at all, honestly, and simply wishes to exchange her youth and virginity for a high-status male. I'd be curious to see how all that ends up working out for her.

KDude

I do think Obama may be enfp tho so is Charles Manson and he's got that creepy sexual charisma thing happening too.

I don't think Manson is charismatic (look how many aren't impressed with him). He just stares at people and drives the same points until the weak and/or stupid ones succumb to it. It's more about their weakness than him. He was just good at finding the right ones to exploit, or who needed to be taken care of. Someone like Manson can be relentless in their confidence, and once his targets say "Uh, ok, maybe you're right" he has them. I think there are a lot of people like him too. Even the typical salesman can drive the same bullshit points, and shake many people to buy what they're selling.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Charisma is what you emanate when you have no power, no status, no money, and no fame. It is a pure unexplainable magnetism. Some people call it an aura. Maybe some people in politics have it but most do NOT. I think this may be a difference in causation and causality? Obama has charisma or at least is a great public speaker and can tap into popular sentiment. Was it Kissinger who said "power is the greatest aphrodisiac" I have met some people who were not that physically attractive but were very charismatic and commanded positive attention and respect. Any man can have panties thrown at him if he looks like a moose but has high status. And famous people all have carefully constructed images. That's not necessarily charisma. Charisma is not manufactured, it is personal. People don't want something from you they just want to be around you.

I guess this thread is more about sexual attraction and politicians now but wanted to throw in my 2 cents. :p

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I once read that charisma is the talent of making another feel as though you see them as they want to be seen themselves.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I definitely agree that there are women seeking long-term marriages that favor these dark triad males. No doubt. And honestly, not all of them are status seekers looking for powerful, dominant men. Some of them are looking for love, and prioritize the sexual excitement and passion (and unpredictability) the dark triad brings when searching for a partner. I've known some otherwise very sweet women that do this.

Yeah, I understand, of course.

Wow, she sounds like a real catch. She doesn't really sound like a girl that's looking for a sexual relationship at all, honestly, and simply wishes to exchange her youth and virginity for a high-status male. I'd be curious to see how all that ends up working out for her.

I've gotten to know her a little better and I actually think she's some kind of xSTJ. She says now she's making all of these excuses because she probably doesn't really want to be with anyone, no one lives up to her standards (and frankly I agree with what she's saying, it sounds to me like she's surrounded by a bunch of immature Guido types in Jersey when she's looking for a more stable, traditional man who takes responsibility, and you know, keeps a job and apparently knows several females her age who already have kids outside of marriage and baby daddies...and I don't blame her, I totally see her point on this, although we differ on our views in terms of the Fuhrer and sex lol) ...so yeah she's seeing her youth/viriginity as a bargaining chip because really she seems like she doesn't want a relationship, and she wants to be independent and have a career.

Mole

Permabanned
Most religions are founded by one charismatic person.

But even that charismatic person dies but the religion must continue, so the religion forms a bureaucracy in order to survive.

Unfortunately today charisma has been devalued so that every celebrity is now charismatic.