User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 25

  1. #1

    Default There are tons of books and advice for introverts

    But none for extroverts. That's despite a lot of people wanting to identify as extroverts, at least that was my experience in my teens when I knew only one person who proudly claimed to be introverted.

  2. #2
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    What should the books be called?

    When To Know How To Leave Other People the Hell Alone

    That's a book I'd actually like to give some people. Although I'm not sure it really has anything to do with introversion or extroversion. My ESFJ friend, raging extrovert though she is, knows when to back off or when people don't feel like talking. She's got that Fe.

    I know a pretty extreme aspie-seeming introvert who has to be told twice "I don't feel like talking right now" or that people don't want to hear what he's saying when they're eating. I've even told him "I don't care" before and he just pauses and finishes his sentence. It's utterly bizarre, I think he's like a 65 year old ISTJ, not at all senile, keeps a job his entire life, never diagnosed with Aspergers...but so help me god he's mildly socially retarded.

    So what would the books be called, hmm? What would they be about?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    214

    Default

    I don't think it really occurs to Extraverts that there is any other way to be, whereas lots of people see intraversion as something that needs fixing. You'd be as likely to find a book called 'So, your teenager is straight.'

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dala View Post
    I don't think it really occurs to Extraverts that there is any other way to be, whereas lots of people see intraversion as something that needs fixing. You'd be as likely to find a book called 'So, your teenager is straight.'
    Most extroverts seem to be much more pushy of there point of view then introverts. Its part of what makes them extroverted Us introverts just sit back and decide if we want to hang out with them or not.
    Im out, its been fun

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    What should the books be called?

    When To Know How To Leave Other People the Hell Alone

    That's a book I'd actually like to give some people. Although I'm not sure it really has anything to do with introversion or extroversion. My ESFJ friend, raging extrovert though she is, knows when to back off or when people don't feel like talking. She's got that Fe.

    I know a pretty extreme aspie-seeming introvert who has to be told twice "I don't feel like talking right now" or that people don't want to hear what he's saying when they're eating. I've even told him "I don't care" before and he just pauses and finishes his sentence. It's utterly bizarre, I think he's like a 65 year old ISTJ, not at all senile, keeps a job his entire life, never diagnosed with Aspergers...but so help me god he's mildly socially retarded.

    So what would the books be called, hmm? What would they be about?
    It would be called "How to slow down"
    Im out, its been fun

  6. #6
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Most extroverts seem to be much more pushy of there point of view then introverts. Its part of what makes them extroverted Us introverts just sit back and decide if we want to hang out with them or not.
    I don't that's necessarily true. I believe what you're talking about is Je, not introversion and extroversion.

  7. #7
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    It would be called "How to slow down"
    You don't think IxTJs are ever in a hurry?

    I don't think that has to do much with I/E, though again, this may have something to do with Je. Especially in ESxJs.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I don't that's necessarily true. I believe what you're talking about is Je, not introversion and extroversion.
    LMAO...are you J? or do you just not believe you are pushy?
    Im out, its been fun

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You don't think IxTJs are ever in a hurry?

    I don't think that has to do much with I/E, though again, this may have something to do with Je. Especially in ESxJs.
    The IxTJs I know are generally not in a hurry.
    Im out, its been fun

  10. #10
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    LMAO...are you J? or do you just not believe you are pushy?
    I'm not J but I have Je...and so it's highly likely that I am an ExFP who has tertiary Te which you see more on the forum. But if you were around me IRL, you would be shocked. I've had people meet me from this forum and I am not what they expected. I think I have yet to meet a person who isn't even a little surprised that I'm different IRL.

    I'm not at all pushy IRL, in fact I sometimes HIDE from people, unless I need something or I'm pissed off, then you will see my Te.

    But yes I know I'm very Fi/Te on the forum, and it is intentional much of the time.

Similar Threads

  1. Game of Thrones / G.R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" (tv & book series)
    By nightwatcher in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 01-30-2017, 07:59 AM
  2. what sex and type are most of your rep comments from?
    By Grayscale in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 10-15-2013, 11:23 AM
  3. Are there different types of introversion and extroversion?
    By Elfboy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-11-2011, 10:50 AM
  4. [INFP] For those that are unsure of their INFPness or if there some 'other' type...
    By flameskull95 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-18-2011, 07:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO