Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    The IxTJs I know are generally not in a hurry.
    ISTJs often seem pretty busy to me, and I don't know that ExxPs are such hurried souls.

I'm a hyper withdrawn extrovert and I have severe problems with people not being able to understand my nature. I would rather that they understand me personally as opposed to everyone of my type based on introversion/extroversion because those still carry assumptions and generalizations that may or may not apply to me in their entirety.

What I've taken to doing is showing the people who are closest to me bits and pieces of the descriptions that sound most like me - while sharing my own insight as to how they apply.

I wouldn't want someone to read just my type descriptions or a book that contains massive generalizations when I can do the best job of explaining my own behaviour directly -- hence no more labels [except the variant stacking, which not many people understand anyways]. Too many pre-conceived notions that alter perceptions and colour interactions.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    ISTJs often seem pretty busy to me, and I don't know that ExxPs are such hurried souls.
    I agree that ExxPs are not hurried souls, but it doesnt mean they dont move quickly and alot.

edit: and I think that hurried IxxJs are more on a mission where the end result is to slow down.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    and I think that hurried IxxJs are more on a mission where the end result is to slow down.
    Heheh this cracks me up.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by dala View Post
    I don't think it really occurs to Extraverts that there is any other way to be, whereas lots of people see intraversion as something that needs fixing. You'd be as likely to find a book called 'So, your teenager is straight.'
    This is exactly right, I think. Society (at least in the US) puts a lot of pressure on introverts to act like extroverts, so there are both a lot of books on "How to be extroverted" and "Being an introvert is okay!"
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by dala View Post
    I don't think it really occurs to Extraverts that there is any other way to be, whereas lots of people see intraversion as something that needs fixing. You'd be as likely to find a book called 'So, your teenager is straight.'
    Yep. And fixing things that aren't broke is an introverted trait- so in addition to there being less occasion for extraverts to see 'extraversion' as a hindrance, extraverts are less inclined to want to 'fix' what isn't absolutely necessary in the first place.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    STP

I am actually happy being an introvert...its not the "how" that I struggle with its the "whats the point" that I dont get.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I've started to think the "introvert" self help books are actually for shy people. I'm shy. And extroverted.

I'm not shy exactly.. I might single individuals out and strike up something.. but consider myself introverted. I can hang out by myself for months. I'm sure I've been solitary 85-90 percent of my life. I don't need or want any help.