User Tag List

Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the Last Memorable Dream You Had?

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    I've had this. Especially on mornings you know you have to wake up early.

Like...you'll wake up, put something on, go to the bathroom, look in the mirror...and then realize it was just a dream. So you laugh, then wake up, then put something on, then go to the bathroom...only to realize that was a dream.

It'll happen 4/5 times before you start getting pissed. lolol good stuff.
    Hah, exactly. I just want to wake up! :-D

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I had a dream a few nights ago about being in a house with many secret passage ways (Like a hidden basement, and a tower). I went up the stairs in the tower, and there was a room that sort of resembled a living room/games room. There was the skeleton of one of my acquaintances that died years before, although no one seemed to notice until I pointed it out. I also precisely remember that it was always cloudy and gloomy outside. I also had the ability to fly, and I remember people trying to evacuate me from the town, which is why I would try to find the deepest place in the house where no one could find me. But then I also remember flying across the world, or something. I don't remember much, since I forgot most of it as soon as I woke up.

Healer-in-Training Array Morning Star's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

There are two dreams from my past that I still remember quite vividly (apologies in advance for what may be a pretty long post):

The First Dream - 6th Grade
    I was walking alone in a dense forest in the middle of the night. It was a full moon night, and there was fog everywhere. Every now and then, I would hear an owl hooting or a wolf howling; it frightened me, so I walked faster. Then I saw a clearing, but for some reason I decided to hide behind a large shrub that was in front of me. I saw this old sorcerer in the center of the clearing - if any of you remember Dumbledore from the first HP movie, he basically looked like that (except his face seemed less wrinkly). His right hand was raised up to the sky, from which a strong beam of white (or blue?) light was streaming down. I must have made a sound, because the sorcerer stopped and looked directly at me. The white energy was still glowing in his hand, and he immediately directed that energy towards me. I had covered my face with my left hand on instinct, and all of the energy got absorbed into that hand. I thought it would hurt, but instead the energy was warm and felt like sunshine on a nice spring day. When I looked down at my hand, I found this brown symbol that looked like the sun (with small dots around it denoting the sun's rays). I later used that power at a birthday party, in subtle ways (one of which involved adding more heat to the small apartment where the party was held).

The Second Dream - 12th Grade
    I had gone to my house, but found it mostly in ruins (apparently from a raging fire). Somehow the structure still had the upper floor, so I went upstairs to where my room was and found a joker there (you know those funny little guys in a card deck, that are almost never used in card games? those jokers creep me out). Its face seemed to express a mix of sadness and horror. As I approached the joker, I realized that the house was now back to its former state (i.e. before the fire).

All of a sudden, I saw a large black panther in my room. It had the fiercest red eyes I had ever seen, along with razor-sharp claws. It pounced on me and started clawing at me. I screamed and struggled to push it off. At one point, I imagined a small puppy, and the panther's size immediately shrunk to the size of a 6-month old puppy. I kept it on the windowsill, and it jumped off on its own only to return to its normal size on the ground.

I had a strange feeling that it would try to re-enter the house through the front door, so I ran down there. The doorbell rang, and Mom went to answer it. She said, "Oh, look who's here!" with an uncharacteristically chilling voice, and I saw the panther again. I cried and screamed as I tried to close the door on the panther, who kept clawing its way through the opening.

I remember waking up in a cold sweat, and with sore arms that had some weird scratches on them. Still terrifies me to this day.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

LadyLazarus

Yesterday, I had a nightmare that I was addicted to eating my own skin, I couldn't make myself stop and I ate so much I was just exposed flesh and whatnot. Then I bled to death and for some reason I was choking/drowning in my own blood.

My subconscious is a lovely thing.

MBTI
    FiSi
    Enneagram
    937 sp/so

Last night I dreamed I was traveling through China being followed by this group of fat white guys in grey business suits who wanted to either kidnap or kill me. (Normally, I would describe it as a nightmare but it doesn't seem that bad after reading the previous post.)

Then I had a mostly unrelated dream that I was in a relationship with another woman, even though I'm usually not sexually attracted to women in real life.
    “If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.” - Hermann Hesse

last night I dreamed I was participating in a cult, I don't remember how I got there, but at the end of the day they handed me a jar with my brain in it and I got a weird feeling of happiness...it was weird but fun

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

There was a Catholic bishop who was also a Shepard he was wearing an irish flat cap over his bishop hat. So all of a sudden sheep start running out of the pasture one of them had a huge chunk missing from its side where it had run into some sharp scrap metal. So we're trying to catch them especially that one. I'm at the edge of the field and I get a puppy and a baby lamb to stop so I pet them and tell them it'll be ok. Then I'm in the bathroom it's a public one and the paper towel holder keeps trying to roll off I put it in a place where the floor is actually flat. Which is right next to the one attached to the wall
    by @magpie

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Love dreams. Even the nightmares are usually interesting.

One of the more memorable ones, as I still go back to it in my mind even now, was one in which I was going through a strange landscape of disjointed, but beautiful continents, all representing different biospheres. But it became quite poignant towards the end, when the last one was in a little snowy town and I had to go to a particular house.

Inside the house was my grandmother and grandather, on my fathers side, who both passed away only a few years back. They said something to me, I couldn't remember but I remember feeling happy. Then they told me to get some wood for the fire. I went outside and when I looked around I couldn't see the door to get back in the house. I ran around and around until finally I just ended up inside.

But they weren't there any more. Just my grans desk in the window and grandad's pipe cleaners.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

MBTI
    FiSi
    Enneagram
    937 sp/so

About a year ago I dreamed that someone I'd been avoiding died and I went to their funeral. The person was Protestant, but the service was held at a Catholic church that was made of grey stone bricks and was in the middle of an urban area. I remember sitting there feeling both guilty and ashamed about how I'd pretended this person didn't exist for a while before their death, and after the service I walked outside and saw a bunch of people standing in line for some reason. I heard they were going to confession, then I saw what "confession" was: the stone brick wall of the church opened up like a set of teeth, and then someone stepped forward and docilely laid their head on the bottom row of bricks, and then the two rows clamped together and crushed their head. The body was tossed aside, the next person in line would step forward, and so on. I think I remember seeing a really long line that extended around the block.
    During the second part, I was outside of myself, watching myself in a literal hell (which I don't believe in). From what I remember, it was a very simple environment - the "other me" was surrounded by this glowing hot substance that doesn't exist in real life (it wasn't quite lava, fire, or anything else).
    This part is really gross:

I had a pretty good grasp of what it all meant soon after waking up sweaty and shaken.
    “If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.” - Hermann Hesse

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

So my mom and aunt were in town so I go over to see them, then I come home it's the next morning I have class, I over sleep so i call my mom and see if she'll take me to school, I lose my phone I find it, it's on silent right when I find it my mom's calling me. She says she'll be there in 5 minutes. I'm sitting on a patio eating hummus and guacamole. someone tells me it's a smelley shrine (smelly in a good way). I am behind the house (I was in front of the house just before) i have to get to the front, but there's bushes in the way. I'm sitting back at the front of the house, I order a pitcher of milk. the waitress comes put the milk on the table, along with 2 sippy cups. the 2 sippy cups turn into normal drinking glasses. she fills one of the glasses with what looks like chip's ahoy, and pours milk over them. I finally leave for class. the end
    by @magpie